I have 1.1 beta. There are 5 issues related to automatically grouping windows.
1. Windows explorer automatic grouping works, when a new windows is opened it is added to existing windows explorer group, but the group of windows is reduced from maximized state to a size of 4x5 inches and I have to maximize it again. This happens with every new windows explorer window added to the group.
2. Automatic grouping of windows has odd behavior with Excel. When I open an Excel file (automatic grouping of windows enabled), Excel always shows 2 tabs: one actual file in one tab and another a blank white screen in other tab. This happens even though I excluded Excel from automatic grouping. PowerPoint works just fine. MS Word is not working correctly, there is no tab or the "+" to add a new tab when I open MS Word.
3. "Automatically exclude from auto grouping all" option is not working. For instance, I selected notepad.exe to be automatically excluded from auto grouping and it shows up in the exclusions list as "Never automatically group", but when I open multiple instances of notepad they are automatically auto grouped.
4. After resuming from sleep, windows that were maximized lose the maximized state and window size is shrunken down, both scrollbars appear. This happens for both visuals settings for where should Groupy position the tabs: "Combine if possible" and "Always place above".
5. The way auto grouping works is when it is enabled, by default all windows are automatically grouped unless they are excluded from auto grouping. This is bad design because I have to exclude every window I don't want to auto group which means tens of application windows. Best design would be to not auto group windows unless a window is added to allowed list (sort of like whitelist). This way I define only windows to be auto grouped and not have to add tens of application windows to exclusion list.
Hope Stardock fixes all these issues.