This document lays out the guidelines for “modders” (people making the mods). This is a series of what is considered acceptable best practices and how the moderators reviewing the workshop may respond depending on a given situation.
* Any modifications/changes made to another users existing mod, must have had attempted contact with the original author for permission, and be able to provide proof of attempted contact upon request from a moderator.
* Best etiquette includes having proper credit given to original authors where reasonable, if not automatically supplied by game/software.
* Should the original author not respond, the modification will be deemed useable until such a time as when the original requests otherwise. In such a case, a takedown notice of the mod will be issued.
* If a DMCA notice/strike is issued against any mod for any reason, said mod must be taken down immediately
* Should Hateful, harmful, racist, or otherwise belligerent content be found. It will be communicated to the community manager and taken down
* If you find that your content has been utilized without your consent, please contact moderation staff with evidence, for follow-up on either the forums or relevant Discord server.
* Volunteer Moderators should be encouraged to use their own best judgement. Moderators need to be firm, fair and impartial.
* If Moderators encounter more complex situations requiring support, please contact either the community manager or developer.
* Repeat violators can have their workshop privileges suspended if they continue to disregard rules and guidelines after being warned for the first offense. They may receive disciplinary action ranging from limited suspensions to permanently revoked workshop privileges for Habitual abusers. Such disciplinary actions will be determined by either developers or the community manager.
* Moderators should be encouraged to follow up with the original designer and let them know what action was taken in a confidential manner.
* These rules and guidelines apply to any modded content.
* For questions and concerns please reach out via the forums or relevant Discord server to the community manager.