I browsed around the forum a bit, but didn't find evidence that anyone else is having this problem.
Occasionally, when I try to open the Start11 menu (either by clicking the taskbar icon or with the Windows logo key), the menu opens, then immediately closes again. Not every time, only intermittently (on average, once every 5-10 times I try to open it).
I haven't been able to discern any consistent circumstances that seem to make this happen; it seems somewhat random. But here are some things I've noticed:
- It only happens when I have Animate the menu when opening it turned on
- It never happens twice in a row. That is, any time I open the menu and it closes again immediately, if I open it again right away, it stays open. It seems to be necessary to go interact with another window on the desktop, then come back and try to open the Start menu in order to see the misbehavior.
- I do have the Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse setting turned on in the Windows Control Panel
My current environment is:
- OS: Windows 11, Build 22000.708
- Start11 version: 1.24
- Menu Style: Windows 11 Style
However, I have been a long time user of Start10 prior to this, on a Windows 10 machine with Modern Style set, and I saw the same behavior there as well. I always thought it was just something flaky about that machine, and I just learned to live with it. But now I have a new laptop with Win11, and I was hoping this odd behavior would be gone.