I've been demo'ing WindowBlinds, tweaked it to my liking. There's still one thing that remains as a big problem - when WindowBlinds is activated, remote sessions are way too slow.
Any suggestions I can try?
I can't type the text without waiting for a second for every several characters to show up.
Once WindowBlinds is turned off, the remote becomes very responsive.
I hate the flat design, eagerly want to use WindowBlinds but this bad remote performance is pretty hard to live with.
So far I've done these things:
- Changed a GPEDIT policy to use TCP only for remote sessions - this helped to some extent but not enough.
- Enabled "Do not use per-pixel frames" , but not much differences.
- Reset WinSock - "netsh winsock reset"
- Turned off TCP auto-tuning - "netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=restricted"
- The above two helped to some extent, but not much
- Using the theme "Diamond", which seems to be closest to Windows 7.