I've noticed that every time I search from the Start10 menu, there is a spike of high CPU usage by Windows Explorer process for a few minutes.
Funny thing is, I have ticked the option to use Cortana Search instead of Start10 search.
Tests I have done:
* If I open the regular Windows Start menu (using CTRL+Windows Key) and search from there, there is no CPU spike.
* If I search from Windows+S there is no CPU spike.
* If I untick the Cortana search option and use Start10 search, there is a CPU spike.
* If I enable Cortana search then open the Start10 menu with the Windows Key and start typing, the search results are from Cortana, but CPU usage spikes... just like if I was using Start10 search.
* If I search multiple times in quick succession, CPU usage keeps on adding up until it eventually hits 100%.
I see two issues here:
1. Start10 search is causing CPU spike
2. Start10 search is being triggered even if the option to use Cortana search is enabled.
My Windows version is 20H2 build 19042.746.