I've been a paid Fences user for the better part of this last decade. Today I decided to finally upgrade Fences. However, I've loved this product so much that I said "Hey lets just upgrade to the full Object Desktop" since for a price of $25 I can get all these StarDock gems, most of which I've never tried.
The 3rd app I tested after the transaction was Spacemonger. I like it....and I really liked the idea of connecting both local drive and also scanning my cloud drives to give me a great vista on where I can moves things a bit.
Trying to SCAN my OneDrive. Oh, it connected to my Microsoft account. But upon launching a scan I got the error:
SpaceMonger is unable to access OneDrive
(Error code: 410)
Please check your connection to the internet and try again
I found that others have posted about this problem around Jan 2019 and the issue has been acknowledged by replies that appear to be from StarDock employees.
Posts: All 3 threads are LOCKED. Meaning, there are numerous customers who posted their experience with this issue. The thread from 1/10/2018 which states a reply of " SpaceMonger has yet to be updated since the API changes of both of those storage providers. " and "No timetable is yet known" in response to when that issue would be addressed.
- Today I purchased Object Desktop and this product was included
- The StarDock website store sells this product individually for $14.99
- The StarDock website store has products broken into the categories of:
- SpaceMonger is advertised in the ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE category. So this tells me that I am purchasing a StarDock produced and supported software. 3rd part resales would be under PARTNER SOFTWARE yes?
-Within SM Help/About, the Copyright for SM us held by Sean Wekerma with a build date that appears to be from 11/16/2018, just 10 months after the first forum post on this related issue and 6 weeks before the posts in Jan 2019 regarding OneDrive.
- This developer's information on the internet leaves no doubt that he is quite brilliant at what he does, judging from his prolific postings on his blog @ www.werkema.com
- The developer also appears to be working full time and I see no postings on his site or the ones that he references that indicate his allotted time commitment for supporting SM and his customers.
STARDOCK Approach to this issue or known related issues
- It is not at all clear to me from the previously linked forum posts if there is ANY game plan for resolving these issues.
- StarDock is continuing to sell this software while this glaring feature failure has been known for over 1 year
- I'm a bit nervous now to use the other apps included in Object Desktop out of concern about which product is and is not readily supported.
Lastly, Locking of the Forum Comments
This one is a bit concerning. All 3 of the linked forum threads listed above are locked and customers are no longer able to report the issue. This might quiet some upset chatter...but it also stops StarDock from having an accurate sense of how many of their customers might have noticed and missed the value having a solution.
- Do you have the ability to update the API for SpaceMonger?
- Do you have an alternative solution you are working towards by partnering with another software so we can migrate?
- Have you been in contact with Sean
Really hoping that this issue is given some thought and the thread is not locked down.