I had this ever since I tried Fences months ago on Windows 10. I have the latest Fences, the latest Windows 10 Creator's Update, latest drivers, etc. - no problems with stability or graphics or anything.
As you know, the Recycle Bin icon changes based on whether there is something in it or not. The icon displays the bin as either empty when it is empty or full when there is something present it. That is how it is supposed to be on regular desktop and how it is when Fences 3 is NOT used. With Fences 3 it is pretty much the opposite UNTIL you reboot OR restart Explorer - simply refreshing does nothing.
Here are the steps I took to reproduce this problem with every single release of Fences 3 I tried (never tried Fences 2) on SEVERAL MACHINES, out of which only one was configured by me:
- Booted into OS and empty Recycle Bin shows/uses "empty icon"
- Deleted something, but the Recycle Bin still shows/uses "empty icon"
- Right-clicked on Recycle Bin, selected "Empty Recycle Bin", but Recycle Bin shows/uses "full icon"
- The Recycle bin will continue to use/show "full icon" even when desktop is refreshed with "right-click--> Refresh" or by using F5, but restarting either PC or Explorer does reset Recycle Bin to show/use "empty icon"
- Then the cycle starts all over...
I think this may affect every dynamic icon there is... and I hope Stardock has the common sense and the decency to at least admit that restarting Explorer or PC is not a solution.