Many people, including me, have been posting about issues with the strategic move UI. I would like to attempt to distill those ideas into a single coherent design:
- Our strategic move interface is fine for moves that can be completed this season - so the UI should remain unchanged for this case.
- But when the move would take multiple seasons to complete the computed path should be shown and a second click should be required to complete it (or if it is not cancelled, it should start kicking in at the end of the current turn).
- Multi-season paths should also highlight the end of season place(s) where the army will station.
- We should also be able to have an army follow its path for this season even when the end point is off screen and without waiting for end of turn (but this is lower priority than the other issues)
- Edit: there should be some border effect, showing the tiles reachable in the current move.