I really like fallen elemental enchantress but there are a few things i really want to see implemented or at least improved.
1. Separate City building from unit training.
2. Give at least one or two militia units at game start for faster game progression.
3. Increase the yields of crystal troves I'm always lacking in crystal all game long on most maps.
4. The ability to rush research like you can with buildings
5. Add online or lan multi-player functionality to the game
6. Add the command "retreat" to the tactical board instead of casting a spell or using an item. Make it so player has to wait a full turn before retreating.
7. Add more low level, mid level and high level items to the game
8. Make more units, research and unit abilities to add to the tactical aspect of the game. For example defenders should be able to use their shields to attack and defend. (such as shield bash or shield charge that can stun for one turn etc).
9. Add the "exit all units in city command" for easy entering and exiting of units inside cities.
For the dev's i suggest you try playing other tactical games like Heroes of might and magic 1-3 (onwards is crap), disciples 1-2 (3 is crap don't ruin things like they did). A lot of things those games did 20 years ago still beat games made to date hands down.
Just some idea's that can improve overall the core game play of FE. If you use my suggestions or use constructive criticism is up to you but my opinion stands. Thanks, hope to see comments and my idea's implemented into game play.