Just a heeds on on what we specificaly have in the gfx pipeline...
1. Terrain Textures: We have a couple of tricks to employ to get the terrain textures looking less..boring They dont currently have the washed/painted feel that we want, so expect improvements there.
2. Forests: Gah, where to begin! Basically, forests are getting a major overhaul, from their toothpick trunks to the size/plcement/number of leaf clumps, to FINALLY getting shadows beneith them. Lots of love needed on this end of things.
3. Terrain Objects: Most environments are getting another pass on what objects, (new plants, rocks, wildlife, etc) will be sprinkled throughout them and how htey are dynamically placed.
4. Starting Positions: What alot of games do nowadays (the 'Ratchet and Clank' series does this to great effect) is start the player off with a spectacular viw of the world. We....do not...unless you like brown ground with brown trees Goingto spend some serious attention on those forst 5 minutes of gameplay in the map.
5. Passive Particle Effects: You'll notice now that the only particles you see are attached to battle attacks and spells. We want to put some passive/bg particles into the world to give it more life.
6. Distance FOG: We'restill playin with this, but we'd like to have the distance fog be specific to the environment that your selected player is in. That atmospheric perspective really adds a lot to the mood, and we have the technology to push it even further (right now it's baely noticable).
So those are just he map-gfx related tweaks we have in the works. It's going to be exciting getting these changes in and see the visual progression over the next few updates!
Thanks for everyone's feedback!