- Govern Civ > Colonies tab, some of the figures in the columns don't match up with the icons in the column headers, so for example, for wealth, the figures given are for total manufacturing, and for research, the figures given are for net income
- Ideological traits - why do these get unlocked when they do?
- In GalCiv2 I'm sure there used to be a "view uncolonized planets" option (or at least view all planets discovered) via the main UI, and you could rank them by for example class, but now it seems you can only view planets you've colonized. Do you plan on bringing this feature back - it's extremely useful!
- Some of the planet descriptions from the main screen (when you hover over them) don't fit the text box
- How long a period of time does 1 turn represent?
- How do I obtain new trade licences?
Thanks for your continuing advice and support
Loving this game so far!
-The colonies tab was just added in the last release. It is out of whack and will be fixed either with a patch or at least by B6
- You accumulate points from various sources. The decisions you make when you colonize a new planet about whether to kill the bugs or save the bugs gives you points for being good, bad, or down the middle. When you have enough points you get to pick a trait. You also get points from galaxy wide events and from some of the building that you build on your planets.
- I think you are thinking of a different game. I have played games with a list of un-colonized planets (Lords of the Black Sun, Distant Worlds) but I don't recall such a list in GCIIA list like that would be hard to adapt to GC since there are usually so many un-colonized planets it would be unwieldy, At least it seems so to me. Maybe some others will comment on this.
- This text box thing has been with us since the beginning they are going to fix it by the final release but it is low priority at this time.
- I believe it is supposed to be 2 weeks but I prefer to think of it as 2 months. There has been a lot of discussion on this and everybody has their own take on it . Two years fits my mental image of the story line better than 2 weeks. There is no perfect answer so I guess it is up to the individual.
- You get new trade licenses from trade techs and from a few of the ideology traits
The issues you mentioned in your second post sound like bugs to me if you don't get a better answer from someone you should try to submit a save game to find out what's going on. There are plenty of bugs in the game but I went through this process with GCII from Alpha to gold release and they got it all fixed by the time it went gold.
When you annex a world (culture flip) you will get any improvements that the AI built on the planet. If you invaded the planet you may destroy some of the improvements but usually no more than half. If the AI had not have the planet long they might not have built much. The don't operate like people and they are sometimes slow to develop their planets.
There are some here that know a lot more stuff about the mechanics of the game than I do maybe they can give you a better answer on the invasion thing but it sounds like a bug to me.
Hope this helps I am always glad to answer any questions that I can.