Stardock

WindowBlinds 10 Beta Thread

By on December 15, 2015 4:00:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

WindowBlinds 10 beta is available for Object Desktop members.

More info about that here: http://forums.stardock.com/474045

Please use this thread for discussion about the beta and reporting of any issues you might come across. 

WB v10.0.1 update:

• Added skin rebuild list button
  • Fixed config screen resolution

407 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 15, 2015 4:16:35 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The only issue I see so far is the UI. It takes up nearly the whole screen and won't resize.

December 15, 2015 4:28:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I am not sure if this is something WB dealt with in the past but on blinds that have white system tray backgrounds such as Adni18's white christmas blind the tray icons remain white so you cannot see them.

Also when I check the option to show the windowblinds icon in system tray it does not take effect for me. If I check the box and close the windowblinds UI when I open it again the box is unchecked. I do not see a save button but I assume it should not revert back to the box being unchecked.

December 15, 2015 4:55:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ken, check the box, then go back to the skins and hit apply.

December 15, 2015 5:12:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Xp had a startmenu- It was being skinned.

Win 7 had a startmenu- It was being skinned.

Win 10 has a startmenu.....why do we need start 10 ??? Hmmm...

Hopefully Sks 10 will have a Startmenu area for skinning the win 10 startmenu just like it used to be for XP & 7

(Not sure what thread this is supposed to go...)

December 15, 2015 5:14:35 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Uvah,

The only issue I see so far is the UI. It takes up nearly the whole screen and won't resize.

The UI resizes.  It has a minimum size though.

December 15, 2015 5:31:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Guess I should post this here:

OK, small bug I just noticed, the back forward arrows in explorer are using the Windows 10 ones, and not the ones in the applied skin.

Also, the right click menu glyphs (arrows, checks, etc.) are the same way, using the ones from Windows 10 and the Notification area popup in the tray area is also using the Windows 10 image (yuk).

Also, the Settings items inside WB10 are not staying applied, I tell it to show in the taskbar tray area and it won't, etc. I change the settings and apply the skin again, but it just won't work.

December 15, 2015 5:34:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Does not work for me. I check the box, go and click on apply style to desktop but when I close the ui and open it the box is unchecked. If no one else is experiencing this I will try reinstalling windowblinds.

December 15, 2015 5:50:38 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Tried left, right, top and bottom plus the corners. It will not resize. The cursor changes but no effect.

December 15, 2015 5:54:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Activation using email and password did not work for me.

Message was that WindowBlinds was not assigned to my email.

Was able to activate using same email and OD key.

December 15, 2015 6:06:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ok. Firstly. The new WB is great. But now a stupid question. how do we install a new skin. On WB 8 i could click the icon at the top and install a new skin, rebuild list etc. Can't find that option on WB 10. I know i can just click on a skin to install it but i like to be able to install a skin without applying it first. Also clicking the apply this skin now button does nothing for me. WB ticks the skin i want to apply as if it is applied but thats it. the skin doesn't actually apply.  Help would be appreciated. Thanks

December 15, 2015 6:09:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Could be my screen. At 1366 x 768 its a bit small compared to others. Might the size be the minimal?

December 15, 2015 6:13:56 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Nimbin,

Ok. Firstly. The new WB is great. But now a stupid question. how do we install a new skin. On WB 8 i could click the icon at the top and install a new skin, rebuild list etc. Can't find that option on WB 10. I know i can just click on a skin to install it but i like to be able to install a skin without applying it first. Also clicking the apply this skin now button does nothing for me. WB ticks the skin i want to apply as if it is applied but thats it. the skin doesn't actually apply.  Help would be appreciated. Thanks

Just double click the skins .wba file in explorer that you want to install.

December 15, 2015 6:16:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Uvah,

Could be my screen. At 1366 x 768 its a bit small compared to others. Might the size be the minimal?

You are not alone Uvah. I have the same resolution and I cannot resize. Part of my UI always stays under my taskbar.

December 15, 2015 6:35:57 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Thank you Stardock.

December 15, 2015 7:06:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Using small buttons in taskbar cause the Quick Launch not to be skinned. That need to be fixed.

December 15, 2015 7:28:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Nerius,

Using small buttons in taskbar cause the Quick Launch not to be skinned. That need to be fixed.

Posting the bug is probably enough... "That need to be fixed" is probably unnecessary

Great Job Neil... great Christmas gift for many folks I'm sure.....

Hell, I may just have to fiddle a bit myself..

December 15, 2015 7:30:18 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Once I rebooted, the icon isn't there. 

December 15, 2015 7:48:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Posting the bug is probably enough... "That need to be fixed" is probably unnecessary

"

"is probably unnecessary" why would that be unnecessary when i do report it. Makes no sense.

December 15, 2015 8:14:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, I can confirm the Bug(s) Lightstar reported. In the case of the icon in the task area, I have it, but it insists on being hidden. Also, on my secondary monitor (2 of 2), My taskbar is only visible under the Start Button, Cortana, Task View and buttons for running programs. It is invisible elsewhere.

But it still beats the CRAP out of nothin' at all! Cheers, Stardock!

December 15, 2015 8:18:45 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There seems to no longer be a way to control the transparency of Explorer Window Backgrounds as there was under Windows 7.  Is this feature coming, I hope?

I also can't seem to select OS Default as the default Taskbar/Startmenu in Settings/Use the taskbar and startmenu from... control.  I believe that I was once able to do that.   

Otherwise it works and THANK YOU for returning glass borders, etc. to Windows!!!!  

December 15, 2015 9:18:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting LightStar,

Guess I should post this here:

OK, small bug I just noticed, the back forward arrows in explorer are using the Windows 10 ones, and not the ones in the applied skin.

Also, the right click menu glyphs (arrows, checks, etc.) are the same way, using the ones from Windows 10 and the Notification area popup in the tray area is also using the Windows 10 image (yuk).

Also, the Settings items inside WB10 are not staying applied, I tell it to show in the taskbar tray area and it won't, etc. I change the settings and apply the skin again, but it just won't work.

Changing the WB icon in the system tray has always required a reboot but there does seem to be a small issue there.

The glyphs on menus is a MS thing as they chose to implement the menus in explorer as custom ones rather than using the perfectly working system they had before.  Complaints to them I am afraid, likewise the notification area popup.

The back and forward arrows look to be working just fine here in explorer.

December 15, 2015 9:19:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

December 15, 2015 9:20:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

December 15, 2015 9:20:36 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

December 15, 2015 9:20:48 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting JuniorCrooks,

Quoting Uvah,

You are not alone Uvah. I have the same resolution and I cannot resize. Part of my UI always stays under my taskbar.

That is quite a low resolution but we will make some tweaks to make it fit.  Right now it needs 748 vertical pixels for the UI so that leaves you with 20 for the taskbar in that res which is too few.  If you maximize the window it should all fit ok though as the min size should not apply in that case.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000984   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+