Stardock

ObjectDock Stopped working after Windows 7 Update

By on November 10, 2015 7:51:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

dreamland95

Join Date 03/2009
+1

Hi, I just did a Windows update and now ObjectDock stopped working. I get the following out of the problem details:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    ObjectDock.exe
  Application Version:    2.20.0.862
  Application Timestamp:    542c5a27
  Fault Module Name:    StackHash_cc11
  Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.19045
  Fault Module Timestamp:    56258e62
  Exception Code:    c0000374
  Exception Offset:    000ced0b
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    cc11
  Additional Information 2:    cc114a01199bcd33a637c8001fbdcf96
  Additional Information 3:    136c
  Additional Information 4:    136c0abe12031f7e5d539896b5317af1

30 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 11, 2015 7:38:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Have you tried closing Objectdock and re-opening it? If so what was the result. Also reboot your machine after closing it. If you have Objectdock set to start up with Windows it should come up fine.

November 11, 2015 8:04:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Windows installed some updates for me as well last night and this morning ObjectDock is not working. I have mine set to start up with Windows and it manages to open and hide the task bar before Windows lets me know it has 'stopped working' and that it can't find a solution for it. I tried reopening it and the same thing happened. I tried rebooting as well.

November 11, 2015 8:23:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this problem. Can you download and run the tool below:

http://sd.stardock.com/Support/supportToolTest/SDSupportTool.exe 

Then attach the .zip that's created and send it in with a ticket to support:

http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit 

November 11, 2015 10:56:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yep, me too.  Windows 7 both 32bit and 64bit is now showing ObjectDock crashing on startup.  This is following Windows Update from M$ last night.

Thinking that M$ have done the dirty on you guys here....

This is happening on two different PCs.

M

November 11, 2015 11:25:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just wanted to add to the mix that I'm in the same boat this morning after a Windows update and subsequent reboot last night. Will open a support ticket as requested.

-AJM

November 11, 2015 12:57:13 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

We have tested it here and all seem to be fine.  On the surface, and looking at some of your tickets, I looks like you all may have had old versions of OD and upgraded to the newest.

To back up your ObjectDock 2 settings, you can simply save the settings files:

http://sd.stardock.com/Rosco/pics/od2_save_settings.png

(C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\Stardock\ObjectDockPlus)

Then please follow this link:

http://sd.stardock.com/zubaz/apps/Purge_ObjectDock.bat

Save the file to your desktop, right click it and select "Run as Administrator"

http://screencast.com/t/Zv5LzdG8W8

If you are running Windows 8/10, you may be notified that Windows is protecting your PC. Select "More info" and then "Run anyway".

Reboot the computer and reinstall the application. Note: It is important to get the most recent version of the application.

For getting your product, key and activation instructions, please see the following:

http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/104/101/how-can-i-get-my-registration-information-again

Please DO NOT change any of the default settings until you verify that the application is running as expected in its default state.

Please let me know.

November 11, 2015 1:40:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
No joy, ODPlus activates and then crashes. Are your fixes not for the Update problem?

November 11, 2015 2:37:52 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

@KarlBeem,

I see that you had the old version of OD prior to purchasing today.  Did you run the purge, then install the new version (and only it) and you still see the issue?

November 11, 2015 2:56:57 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I had v 2.0.1, that's not supported?  I now install ObjectDock_v2.20_setup_sd.exe.  Seems to be ok until I reboot, then it crashes again.  Any luck determining what update is the problem?

November 11, 2015 3:14:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I too am having the same issue and  when I completely uninstall and preform a clean re-install the software crashed before it completes.  I was using the older version 2.10 but have upgraded to version 2.20 same issue.  cannot preform a clean install and crashed during installation.  This only took place after last nights (11/10/15) patch update.  Anyone have any way to resolve this issue?

November 11, 2015 3:20:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting lneib,

Anyone have any way to resolve this issue?
Windows routinely creates restore points before it applies any updates. I suggest you roll back to the one prior to the problematic one.

November 11, 2015 3:25:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

There is a way but it requires a little bit of work if you're interested. Open the start menu and click on control panel. If you don't see all control panel items look up top and next to where it says control panel is a little black arrow, click on it then click on all control panel items. Click on Windows update. When it opens click on installed updates. Only the most recent updates you need be concerned with. Highlight the top one and click on uninstall. Do this for each of the recent updates until Objectdock is running normally. You can reinstall the ones that didn't affect OD. You'll have to reboot each time though. The one that did you can hide by right clicking on it and choose hide update. 

November 11, 2015 3:42:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

KB3101746 was also one of the updates I received. Seems this is only affecting Win 7. I have Win 8.1. Disregard my last post because sdRohan's will probably work better. Or reply #11.

November 11, 2015 4:23:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So, any news on this? I'm using Win 7x64 with the 2.1_sd version, but after reading the previous posts I don't know if I should update right away or wait for a solution or else.... any kind of advice will be appreciated.

By the way, not only objectdock stoped working, MS Outlock 2010 is also freezing.

November 11, 2015 4:49:02 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

...it's not Objectdock related but if anyone else is having troubles with Outlock 2010 I fix my problems uninstalling the update KB3101535

November 11, 2015 5:31:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It's definitely KB 3097877 that's causing the crash. I have OD2.01 installed on Win 7 and encountered the identical problem after the Windows Update. I uninstalled KB 3097877 and everything works normally again.

November 11, 2015 7:02:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The latest Microsoft/Windows Updates are causing these issues.  MS is aware.

The current fix is to uninstall the most recent updates until Microsoft posts revised ones.

November 12, 2015 12:29:57 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you helza. It was KB3097877. As soon as I uninstalled it, ObjectDock worked again.

November 12, 2015 5:51:28 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting sdRohan,

To back up your ObjectDock 2 settings, you can simply save the settings files:

http://sd.stardock.com/Rosco/pics/od2_save_settings.png

That is an interesting screenshot. what application are you running there, I do not recognize it?

I too have the problem of O-Dock constantly crashing for the last 2 days (Windows 7 Pro 64bit)

November 12, 2015 5:59:51 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
November 12, 2015 7:03:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ok, I followed some of the steps given here. Interestingly my fences log is > 50MBytes compressed. Fences seemed to have an issue for a while now that sometimes infinitely duplicated desektop icons and made every window based on explorer (including task manager) with a list of stuff in it useless. My usual resolve of this was to log off and log on again as killing processes with process manager never resolved the situation (My guess is another GDI problem caused by a MS patch)

Anyway, after uninstalling KB3097877 ObjectDock is useful again. Also Greenshot was unusable before. Everybody remember to go to Windows Update and "hide update" after right-clicking this item otherwise it will be re-installed at a later stage.

November 12, 2015 9:20:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The crash appears to be from MS update: KB 3097877. 

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3004441/microsoft-windows/microsoft-surreptitiously-reissues-botched-patch-kb-3097877-for-windows-7.html%20

They appear to have re-released it with a 'fix'. Please try to update windows again, reboot, and see if OD is still having issues.

November 12, 2015 5:33:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Came back from work, new Windows Security Update for Windows 7 (KB3097877), it fixed the ObjectDock and Windows gadget problem.

November 13, 2015 4:03:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting NamKhaeng,

Came back from work, new Windows Security Update for Windows 7 (KB3097877), it fixed the ObjectDock and Windows gadget problem.

Here is one thing I absolutely do not understand. Why does an experienced Software company like Microsoft release 2 different pieces of software under the absolute same name?

As a professional user I cannot take the risk and have disabled KB3097877 permanently. They should not expect a customer to "reinstall the same thing and hope it is fixed" that is FUD.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002859   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+