Stardock

WindowBlinds 8 and Windows 10

Not compatible at this time

By on August 10, 2015 10:08:06 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The_Gear

Join Date 10/2013
+96

At this time WindowBlinds 8 is not compatible with Windows 10. We are currently reviewing it for Windows 10 but do not have an ETA for any possible update.

If you are experiencing issues, please contact support for assistance:

http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit 

To check the current Stardock Software compatibility list for Windows 10:

http://forums.stardock.com/469435/page/1/ 

Locked Post 154 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 10, 2015 1:05:16 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Nice post, Dude! This may help with some of the "windowblinds doesn't work on Windows 10" threads.

I can wait for WindowBlinds 10.

Patience guys.

August 10, 2015 2:59:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

10 days for a sticky to be patient?

I'll cancel my subscription until you can actually provide the product that is being paid for.

No, really - We have known about these "issues" since the very first preview of windows 10 and you have continued to graciously accept money from people every month under the impression that "don't you worry, people Stardock have your back".  You the then steamroll into the Windows 10 release and stay hush with the odd snide remark as an exception.  10 days after the threads appear "Oh gais, I think we might want to comment on this"

Really Stardock?  I don't care how difficult it is to code a decoration manager around Windows 10, it's 90% there as a work around minus the taskbar - but your after sales communication is worse than Microsoft could dream to be.

At current schedule, with the timeframe of your posts in mind - I'll buy a few pints on you until you have a working version instead of your sub.  I fear I might have a drinking problem by then though.

August 10, 2015 4:12:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Oh dear NossieUK,

"I'll cancel my subscription until you can actually provide the product that is being paid for."

I may be under some delusion, but as I understand it not one person has paid a penny for Windowblinds on Windows 10. I subscribed for Windowblinds on my Windows 7 and 8 systems, and always understood that when available I will have my upgrade to Windowblinds 10 as part of my package.

So why all the whinging about a product you have not paid for, as for cancelling your subscription I don't think that you will be missed, and as for buying a few pints with the money you may save, from your immature comments and ignorance, I suspect that you have not yet reached the legal age for purchasing alcohol.

August 10, 2015 4:51:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hmmm because I never used any of the apps on Windows 7? (I never upgraded to 8 and used 7 till the end of July) and bought the full package to use with the prerelease of win10 wayback when?

So yeah, apart from the fact I had it sitting on a VM install of win 10 and flicked it on and off every few weeks to check out the new things - I have indeed been paying the subscription and getting absolutely no use out of it.  Has that been my fault? Yes.  Will I continue supporting Stardock in this way? No.

Btw, less of your ad hominem insults and I'll keep my own low opinions of you to myself - thanks.

August 10, 2015 5:02:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

MM, argumentum ad hominem, if the cap fits.

August 10, 2015 5:13:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Enough please.

WindowBlinds 8 is not compatible with Windows 10. We will have news about WindowBlinds soon.

August 10, 2015 10:35:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It is strange that it has been pretty much a year for developers to test and get their products working with Windows 10, and Startdock waits 10 days to even say that it does not work......

August 10, 2015 10:44:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting johnwpb1,

It is strange that it has been pretty much a year for developers to test and get their products working with Windows 10, and Startdock waits 10 days to even say that it does not work......

It's actually been about 10 days since a FINISHED Windows 10 was available...and even since then SR1 has been released as well so the OS STILL is not final.

You cannot design for an OS Shell while the shell is still in development.  It is a waste of time.

Now that Windows 10 is allegedly 'finished' there is something solid to work with...

August 10, 2015 11:39:14 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Off topic, maybe, Paul, can you 'splain what SR1 is? Enquiring minds want to know... 

August 11, 2015 12:11:44 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i honestly dont understand this hate.ive tried to help you guys in trying my best to break it in lamens terms why its taking a bit why a fully put together os needed to be made,as have you all that truely get it.

im tired like im sure you all are too of answering the same generic questions over and over because people just dont get it.

i even made a reference before on the third party skinpacks programs out there.not as good as i know stardocks stuff is but it proves things have changed.installing skinpacks that were before windows 10 that originally would work flawless on 8 and before caused my computer to stop logging in gfx card crashes and so much hell

you complain about there not being anything for 10 and blaming stardock 8 products even though those worked flawless with what they were intended for windows 8

my main question is this.if you think its so easy to make instead of whining,why not make a program yourself?

oh? you talk bad,think its easy but dont know how?

jafo and the rest of the stardock crews give us joy for yrs and they arent done yet.you want results,stop being up their asses 24/7,thank you

August 11, 2015 2:19:53 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You always get this when a new OS is out. It's always XXX doesn't work on XXX, or when will XXX work blah blah.

Just read the compatibility list for crying out loud

Have some patience too.

August 11, 2015 2:41:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting RedneckDude,

Off topic, maybe, Paul, can you 'splain what SR1 is? Enquiring minds want to know... 

Apparently it's called 'Service Release 1' instead of 'Service Pack 1'...

August 11, 2015 6:16:22 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I waiting for the WindowBlinds for the  win10 here to. How long will the take?

August 11, 2015 8:18:47 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting ervikson,

I waiting for the WindowBlinds for the  win10 here to. How long will the take?

I am sure it will be a little while more...so a little more patience is needed...

Just a general reminder to all....this is a Support Forum Thread which is subject to more strict posting rules/standards of conduct than the General Forum sections.

August 11, 2015 9:40:51 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Jafo,

SR1 has been released as well so the OS STILL is not final.

I hate to break it to you (and I'm surprised that this is news to you) but the OS will never be final. That's pretty much MS's new business plan. If we're all waiting for the developers to release WindowBlinds for Windows 10 because the OS isn't final yet, then we're all in for a very long wait.

August 11, 2015 10:06:11 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting darcilicious,

(and I'm surprised that this is news to you

It's unlikely to be news to anyone on this site...who follows Microsoft's OS releases.

Certainly not to me...doubt anything MS could do would surprise me.

The whole issue is actually having the shell signed-off for their modern equivalent of 'RTM' whose release was about 13 days ago.

THEN-AND-ONLY-THEN can a developer have half a chance to design for it and maybe get enough lead time to play permanent catch up every time MS discovers their new brainchild is an idiot and has to fix it from drooling yet once more.

The legally questionable UXtheme patcher back in the day was continually broken [read 'disabled'] by each and every service pack release...and its proponents claimed it was a 'native' format.  It clearly wasn't.

As it is, Windowblinds is continually revised to cope with third party programs which refuse to comply with the MS 'skinning' standard - look at Netscape...every release needs to be addressed every time.

The OS itself is an entirely different matter.  It needs a modicum of 'stability'/continuity.

August 11, 2015 12:13:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm going to be really disappointed if they want to charge again for the same software just because I installed a new OS.

August 11, 2015 3:47:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just look at Start8 / Start10, they're doing it with that which I think is BS! I have a ton of software purchased from Stardock over the years (including Start8) and I thought for sure I would get a free upgrade to Start10 but that's not the case.

August 11, 2015 4:29:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting XxrkylexX,

Just look at Start8 / Start10, they're doing it with that which I think is BS! I have a ton of software purchased from Stardock over the years (including Start8) and I thought for sure I would get a free upgrade to Start10 but that's not the case.

Can I ask you why you thought it would be a free upgrade?

August 11, 2015 7:34:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Because if I remember right, going from Windowblinds 6/7 to 7/8 was a free upgrade for me. If that wasn't it, then I know it was one of the pieces of software (POS, haha!) I bought from this company when it was a free upgrade. Aside from that, I bought Decor8 and only got to use it for like 2-3 months because from that point on, it wouldn't operate correctly. I even at one point got some kind of purge file from the support team that reset Decor8, but shortly after resetting it, it would stop operating correctly again. So I bought Decor8 the day it was officially released (I think a beta version) and only got to use it for 2-3 months out of like it's 4 year history or however long it's been out.

SO THAT'S WHY I THINK MYSELF AND OTHERS DESERVE A FREE UPGRADE ON A LOT OF THE SOFTWARE THAT YOUR COMPANY CREATES.

For the people that have been purchasing from you guys for 10+ years or so I think deserve it at least. Just my personal opinion.

August 11, 2015 9:09:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting XxrkylexX,

SO THAT'S WHY I THINK MYSELF AND OTHERS DESERVE A FREE UPGRADE ON A LOT OF THE SOFTWARE THAT YOUR COMPANY CREATES.

Speaking for myself, I appreciate the opportunity to purchase software from Stardock. When I used their Start8 and WindowBlinds for Windows 8, I was truly impressed with the creative talent this company has. The development team here at Stardock, was able to take the abysmally drab slab that Windows 8 was, and bring vibrant life into it! In short, as far as I'm concerned; they have earned both my appreciation, and my patronage.

August 11, 2015 9:11:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

XxrkylexX when you purchase software of any kind most only allows you for free updates for a period of time (usually one year) I do not know if that is the case with Individual Stardock products because I always purchase an Object Desktop subscription. With the subscription you get updates for a year. It is no different than buying software such as antivirus software, you get updates for a year and after that you need to renew. If you have purchased Object Desktop and it has not expired when WB 10 is released it will be a free upgrade. That is my understanding and someone can correct me if I am wrong.   

August 11, 2015 9:17:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Maybe I'm just so used to purchasing programs and getting update after update and never really having problems having to re-purchase the same program repeatedly. With that said, it's pretty obvious rikster3 didn't purchase Decor8 cuz I'm pretty sure his response would've been a little different after spending money on a program that never really worked. I do respect Stardock for their software and their creativity but I would like them to be a little more loyal to returning customers. Maybe a 50% off upgrade fee or a free upgrade here and there for the people who are smart enough not to waste their money on purchasing object desktop and that have been purchasing from them for 10+ years like I mentioned in my previous post.

August 12, 2015 12:07:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

For the record, Windows 10 will always be Windows 10.

There will be no Windows 11, 12, etc.

August 12, 2015 12:52:06 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Well, for my 2 bobs worth - I upgraded a couple of days ago from 7. It went like clockwork. I didn't lose any files, I like the flat, minimalist look & on restart there's an option to boot into previous OS mode. This is good because some of my older (win 95 - don't laugh) games aren't compatible. File transfers are faster, regularly getting 100mbs & above. No real issues yet, so overall I'm quite happy.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000500   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+