Stardock

Request for change to 'switch to desktop after closing a modern UI app' feature

By on February 9, 2013 10:55:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

rjg5060

Join Date 10/2012

Thank you for adding the 'Switch to desktop after closing a modern UI app' feature to version 1.11 of Start8.  It's a helpful feature.

But...can you please consider enhancing this feature to allow 'Switch to desktop after closing a modern UI app' only when a modern UI app is invoked from the desktop vs. when a modern UI app is invoked from the Windows 8 Start Menu?

I have several modern UI apps pinned to my Start8 start menu - I would like to return to the desktop when invoking one of these Start8 menu pinned modern UI apps.  But when I'm on the Windows 8 Start menu and invoke a modern UI app I would like the modern UI apps to close to the Windows 8 Start menu.

Is this possible?  If so, can you please consider enhancing this feature to support this request?

Many thanks...

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 9, 2013 11:48:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I too like the sound of rjg5060's request, and if that distinction can be made, please add my name to that request as well.

regards,

Laurence

March 20, 2013 5:02:14 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just checking with Stardock if this is something they would consider as a feature in a future release... 

I think having the requested distinction on the 'Switch to desktop after closing a modern UI app' feature added in Start8 version 1.1 would be a nice addition.  Ideally this feature would be added so that a user has a choice to always return to the desktop or to return to the desktop only when the modern app is started from the desktop.

Thank you...

June 6, 2014 1:49:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

good jobs man !!

thx

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+