Stardock

"excellent" support

By on October 18, 2012 12:47:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

antistard

Join Date 10/2012

13th bought your program - still can not activate! I understand that the $ 20 - it's not the money. But I would rather have them transferred to the charity. The question of the support of the "frozen". Can advise that I take to things started? Wonderful work guys! Very proud of their customers!  

Locked Post 11 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 18, 2012 1:17:33 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Have you contacted support@stardock.com via email, and if so have you more than once...because subsequent emails can drop you to the end of the service queue.

The trick is to email once only, and if there is no reply [allowing for standard office hours - US] post here on the forums [ideally also with ticket number] as the support crew can/do check on here as well.

Important info to add..... which program? ...

October 18, 2012 2:54:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Ticket ID: HRT-692-23960 (programm: DeskScapes)

So, what did I do to activate:
1. After the purchase (13.10.2012), downloaded from your site the software distribution.
2. Install the software on my computer.
3. Successfully activate the license key that was in the download section on your site.

The next day, I "flew" operating system (emergency electricity was switched off).
1. I restored it from a backup, and reinstall your program from distributive on your site.
2. Introduced the key from your site to activate and got an error message. I do not remember exactly what, besides, I do not understand it very well (I'm not English speakers). It said something like: "Unknown status of activation…" I tried it three or four times. Then "got out": "maximum activation reached".

PS:

1. The operating system I have: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64
2. Notebook ASUS N53SV (Intel core i7, 16gb RAM, SSD 480gb)
3. Speed network: 25 Mbp / s

4. No viruses!
5. To my computer to access one else has NO!

October 18, 2012 3:24:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting antistard,
It said something like: "Unknown status of activation…" I tried it three or four times. Then "got out": "maximum activation reached".

OK...

Because you did a system restore...and reinstalled the software you ended up reaching the activation limit.

It is a simple thing to reset, as soon as someone from the Support team can reset it for you.

It is currently 3.23 AM Thursday morning in the US [Stardock] so you will need to wait a few hours for assistance...

October 18, 2012 3:53:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you very much for your participation! I hope the situation is resolved soon.

October 18, 2012 7:42:15 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Please note that replying to a support ticket before receiving a reply from technical support will reset the activity counter on the ticket. This will move your ticket to the end of our incoming work queue and delay our response. This is done to prevent abuse of our support system with multiple SPAM-like replies. Please reply in such a manner only if you have crucial information to add to the support case.

In any case, you are unlocked.

October 18, 2012 10:26:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well, first, this "Please note that replying to a support ticket before receiving a reply from technical support will reset the activity counter on the ticket ..." should warn once. I do not know your "kitchen."

Do not misunderstand me. People turn to the support to help them with their key problems. The more they get paid for the product, but they can not use. What kind of support and help from her when you will not wait (thanks to the forum your employee, a good man, trying to help.) And support answered once and lost. A year later, the program, maybe I will not need.

Secondly, I still can not activate the program!! He made one attempt and immediately «got out» here it is: "Product Activation could not write the activation signature". The more I no tried. I'm afraid to do something.

PS: In my very-very first time had the same error message. Like I said, I unfortunately can not remember his.

October 18, 2012 10:59:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting antistard,
Secondly, I still can not activate the program!! He made one attempt and immediately «got out» here it is: "Product Activation could not write the activation signature". The more I no tried. I'm afraid to do something.
Try running as admin.

October 18, 2012 12:35:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Jafo! Zubaz! Great thanks!

Ye-e-e-e-s!!!

It happened! In less than a week, and I can already take advantage of the program.

And I ran out of the context menu. Of course, in this case, not an administrator.

Guys, you are in my opinion go too far with the activation.

I understand I am your number of activations hopelessly exhausted? The fact that I am quite often to reinstall your operating system (once every half a year or more often). Often change hardware (computers). So what? If I need to install again DeskScapes, will have to beg for a new support for unlock?

PS: My ticket in support is still "hanging".

October 18, 2012 1:07:46 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting antistard,
I understand I am your number of activations hopelessly exhausted? The fact that I am quite often to reinstall your operating system (once every half a year or more often). Often change hardware (computers). So what? If I need to install again DeskScapes, will have to beg for a new support for unlock?
We keep track of many activations to prevent piracy but with normal use it should not be a problem.

October 18, 2012 1:19:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thank you, no more questions, I have not.... yet 

October 18, 2012 1:38:15 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I've made a translation into Russian DeskScapes. Can someone take?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000218   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+