Stardock

WindowBlinds having problems with Microsoft Office

By on April 12, 2012 4:50:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

EpicFace

Join Date 03/2011

Hello,

I'm having problem with WindowBlinds and Microsoft Office.  Windowblinds turns the Office program (Word, Excel etc.) background to black.

I find it very annoying to read white text on black background and would like to stop that from happening.

I know it is because of the skin I use, because I tried other skin and the background was normal white.  I also tried adding the programs to the "Per Application" list, with settings "Ignore this application and don't skin it."  That worked for everything else in the program except the background.

And links to relevant stuff:

7Dusk - the theme I'm using.

Imgur image of my Word windows - The top one is before the "Per Application" -setting and the bottom is after.

I hope someone can help, thanks!

EDIT: Forgot Windowblinds info

Your computer has a Windows Experience Index base score of 6.8
Your Windows Graphics Experience score is 6.8

WindowBlinds version : WindowBlinds 7.2 (build 297 - Windows 7 Edition) - 64 bit OS

WindowBlinds is installed correctly on this PC
WindowBlinds appears to be activated on this PC
(BenQ G2410HD (Analog)) 1 is attached to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Wblind.dll 2011/06/11 15:55:20
Wblind64.dll 2011/06/11 15:55:08
Wbsrv.dll 2010/08/11 16:48:56
SevenConfig.exe 2011/06/14 14:47:27
Wbload.exe 2010/10/20 16:08:35
Wbhelp.dll 2010/10/20 16:08:34
Tray.dll 2009/10/23 20:12:19
Wbload.dll 2010/06/07 15:59:25
Screen.exe 2010/06/07 15:59:43

Locked Post 12 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 12, 2012 4:59:24 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Check reply #2 here:

http://forums.wincustomize.com/413122/page/1/#3016495

There's a screenshot of the config window reply #1 here:

http://forums.wincustomize.com/400010

You're probably wanting to change system colour: Window  and sytem colour: Window text.

It will save the changes in the skin, and for everything that uses that colour assignment.

April 12, 2012 5:01:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I simply put the office components to "ignore" using WB settings and they just are their usual selves. For me it wasn't a big deal if they weren't skinned, that's not why I am looking at them. Maybe some day I'll pretty them up.

April 13, 2012 8:28:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks a lot DaveRi, I changed the System colour: window to white and it solved the problem!

Now I have white background in excel and white paper in word.

I didn't really understand what you meant LizMarr 

April 13, 2012 2:20:40 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

OK, when you open WindowBlinds there will be a menu up at the top that says, "Settings" When you open that go to a table that says, "Per application"

You will see and "Add" button at the bottom where you chase down your app and then once you have it you sellect the very first item, "Ignore this item and not skin it" and press OK. You have to do this for each app, but only once. The settings are not linked to the skin.

Voila, all done.

April 13, 2012 2:22:53 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Hum, I forgot the cute red squares around the important places. Sorry.

April 13, 2012 2:28:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Isn't that what he was talking about here:

I also tried adding the programs to the "Per Application" list, with settings "Ignore this application and don't skin it." That worked for everything else in the program except the background.

EpicFace one other thought- Now that you have the background colors set, if you like you can go ahead and remove the Per Application exclusion if you still have it out there, so the apps skin.

April 13, 2012 2:38:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Because the system background is set at the system level by WB, excluding the app will not change the color.  You would need to change teh system color, as described.

April 13, 2012 2:47:41 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

[Zubaz - I think I forgot about this issue when we were talking about Frequently Asked Questions additions.  FAQ nominee?]

April 13, 2012 3:09:08 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting DaveRI,
[Zubaz - I think I forgot about this issue when we were talking about Frequently Asked Questions additions.  FAQ nominee?]
Doesn't come up often . . but can't hurt to add it, right?

April 13, 2012 4:54:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Ah, that would be the damn, "System Defined".  That's a whole other ballgame.  One of the few times I swear at WB. I know its not the program's fault, it just feels better to grump. I don't know WHY skinners refuse to assign something to every system defined color and font. So I if have a purple background, and the skinner uses a purple font but doesn't assign the background color. Now I have something I can't see even to change it. A couple ways to change. Use the windows personalization to get to the good old fashioned custom window. Use WindowBlinds to change the color where you can change each part of the color scheme (for some reason it doesn't always "stick" on reboot) or, my favorite, dive in with the editing program and have a jolly search and destroy missing and find every single place that it says system defined (or whatever the words are) and change them. I usually run through and create something truly obnoxious for color (because it feels good) and then change the color after I have found them all. If done right, I can be fancy and change it at the palette. It's a good way to become familiar with the menu system and at the same time burn off some frustration.

August 11, 2013 3:56:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi everyone I am having this issue with a skin called oni which can be downloaded here http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/7144/

Despite setting the system color to white and the system text to black and also putting word, excel etc in the exclusion list. The skin still has a black background for these applications. I am sooo frustrated.

Any help would be appreciated.

August 11, 2013 5:49:27 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting TeriHumer,
Hi everyone I am having this issue with a skin called oni which can be downloaded here http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/windowblinds/7144/

Despite setting the system color to white and the system text to black and also putting word, excel etc in the exclusion list. The skin still has a black background for these applications. I am sooo frustrated.

Any help would be appreciated.

That skin has an image that defines the windows background color as well as system defined color presets. You can override it in the WB config like this:

You can either do like I did and choose a neutral lighter background like I did or make a pure white one of your own.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000735   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+