When running the Fences 3 application, which I have installed via the Steam desktop client, I noticed that any Fence Folder Portal will display text incorrectly whilst HDR is enabled in the 'System Display Settings`. The text becomes hollow and transparent; making it very difficult to read.
This issue does occur to icon text within a regular desktop Fence.
The following images will showcase how it visually looks when HDR is toggled:
Image 1: HDR has been set to 'Disabled' in 'System Display Settings'
Image 2: HDR has been set to 'Enabled' in 'System Display Settings'
(I had to resort to using a photograph due to all the following applications not supporting HDR screenshots: 'Snip & Sketch', 'Xbox Gamebar screenshot`, and the Windows 10 built-in PrintScreen function.)
The following methods do not resolve the issue:
- Customising any value under the Color & Appearance menu in the Stardock Fences 3 application.
- Restarting the desktop.
- Reinstalling the program.
- Using the Check for Updates prompt in the About menu in the Stardock Fences 3 application.
- Creating a Fence Folder Portal when HDR is already set to 'Enabled'.
- Creating a Fence Folder Portal when HDR is set to 'Disabled' before setting it to 'Enabled'.
- Changing the System 'Theme' to either 'Light' or 'Dark'
Windows 10 version: 19044.1706
Stardock Fences 3 version: 188.8.131.52
Software Licence Ownership: Acquired via the Steam desktop client.
I do not have access to the Fences 4 application, and thus I cannot check whether the issue occurs with it.