Start11 v1.1 Enters Beta
Start11 users can expect to get the newest update to Start11 in the coming weeks, but if you can't wait, you can get into the opt-in beta now. Start11 is a program that allows users to customize the Windows® Start menu and taskbar and allows users to restore the Start menu to appear as it does in previous versions of Windows while customizing and enhancing its functionality.
New Features Coming to v1.1:
- Win10/Win11 styles now support folders. By dragging an icon over another icon while holding down the shift key, a folder will be created in the menu.
- Win10/Win11 styles now offer a right-click Icon submenu that lets you easily change the app icon that appears in the Start menu.
- On the very first run of Start11 on a Win10 install, the existing Win10 menu will be imported for the Win10 style including folders.
- Enhanced support for Fences integration makes it easier to add your fences directly to your Start menu.
- Ability to lock icon positions in win10/11 menus.
Fixes \ Changes
- Fixed issue with recent apps list having a network location in it which is not accessible causing Win11 menu to appear blank for a prolonged period.
- Mouseover correctly shows on Win10 tiles now when they use a tile image.
- Surplus line at the bottom of the W7/Modern styles when in nonrounded mode resolved.
- Tweaks to experimental tile and Universal app icon loading to better handle apps with different icons for light/dark mode.
- Added refresh icons option to Win10/11 menus to refresh icons should the user have changed icons via a tile editing app or due to OS icon cache changes.
- Reduced gap between groups on Win11 menu when icon sizes are smaller vs having a fixed size.
- Added option to Win11 style to load up tile images.
- Fixes for issues found by QA before Christmas.
- A fix for open file location not working for all shortcuts for one user.
- You can now rearrange Fences groups and set icon size (win10 style) and it gets saved.
- Also added option to lock icon positions in win10/11 menus (right-click menu).
- Fixed folder group icons being the wrong size sometimes for Win11 menu style.
- Stopped you from being able to drag icons into Fences group from the Win10 menu all apps list.
- This fixes some crashes with some edge cases
- Makes search add priority to items you have pinned.
- Auto pins and unpins things when you use the OS pin to start option (may take a few seconds) plus unpins from OS menu if you unpin from S11 (Win10/11 menus only).
- Adds in option to show Fences on the S11 Win10/11 menus.
- Improves performance of folder expansion animation and fixes deadlock potential issue with that.
- Removes items pinned when the user uninstalls the app (Universal apps ONLY - Win10/11 menu only too).
- Fixes for some issues with the new folder groups such as not deleting when the last item was removed.
- Fixes for not scaling the mini icons with icon scaling options.
- Fixed missing icons for Minesweeper.
- Made it insert new group in Win10 mode in the right column if one is missing.
- Fixed too small icons on Win11 menu all apps list.