The whole conversation was a bit of flame bait to be fair. It is still fun to debate though, at least for me. Hopefully, the topic isnt as sacred as religion and politics are to some. Things may have got heated at points, but hopefully we can all take a step backwards at the end of this and still have respect for one another.
I didn't see any mod powers used unfairly here so I would consider this a clean debate
Thanks, Phoenix ....that's how I see it too...
Because there are public references to whether my conduct within this thread is appropriate or not I'll publicly post salient bullet points.
1. #31 "Wow you really are entrenched in your belief"
That can only be interpreted as a put-down, where said 'belief' is asinine.
2. #33 "No need to paint me as an opinionated fool...I'm just looking at realities."
3. Site Administrators receive a complaint that I am trolling on the basis of that single response. I'm aware of that as I am [one of] the site administrator/s.
4. I take it upon myself to concede I could have worded it more directly, and simply move on.
5. I am asked what I do not like about Win 10.
6. my response 'the price' is interpreted by someone new to the site that I was unaware it was free.
7. I state clearly a 'newbie' to the site might think they know more than others, and would be misguided, as the phrase 'the price' referred to the issue that nothing is ever really 'free', not that I was unaware you could get it freely [I do have 5 systems currently running 10].
8. A user takes umbrage claiming I have a low opinion of users. To a small extent that is true when they make incorrect assumptions without checking further first. It's bad practice.
9. Someone I enjoy locking horns with springs to my defense [means I must be doing something wrong]...
10. #81 ....yes, it's one reason I'm here on this thread. We simply move Politics/Religion/etc to their own forum section where sensitive souls can avoid them [though sadly I still need to police them...and it's often unnerving to spend time there with extremists].
I've been site Administrator here for nigh on 20 years and am the longest-serving actively doing it. Frogboy's responsibilities are naturally elsewhere, and others have retired or moved on.
By and large it is a very safe/friendly corner of the Internet [though people who have been here 15 years or more might recall otherwise]...
That's about it.
Again, moving on, Terry's system is virginal and still has failing updates, but if it gets to the right version of 10 I'll put 11 on it and compare "first hand" just how less bad it might be than 10..... and how more effective it's coded to eventually lock everyone into the 'new' MS business model, something that 10 must have been found lacking.....otherwise there would be no need for an '11'...
Jafo, It is generous of you to call your own opinion asinine, some will share that and others may not, but hey if we all thought the same the world would be very boring.
Again no one but yourself painted you to be an opinionated fool, words you chose not mine. Again i am fully aware of who and what you are here, having never met you before, i take peeps how i find them and move forward based on said findings. I am also fully aware any complaints will land on your desktop and rightly or wrongly reported back to all in the topic, at least i know how things work here in this forum.
Also good to hear to some extent, you do have a low opinion of this forums users, regardless of your reasons, many things can be deemed bad practice, but one forums way of doing things is not another's and as we probably all have at least some experience of forums ways, that is something we decide on a forum by forum basis.
I have no affiliation to any member who in the past, "you have locked Horns with" and for whatever there reasons, jumps to your Defence, so to me that is a mute point and nothing to do with me.
The word "Newbie" has been used more than once by more than yourself. Based on you listing in your reply how long you have been doing this, i too have been a member for over a Decade, post counts can be deceptive as we can have members who are long time users but only post when it is something they are either interested in or have a Valued input about a subject, that is why i have been more active in this topic as i am a Win 11 user since day one, also being someone with first hand knowledge about this OS, my opinion is based on working with this OS 7 days a week for 8 Hours in a work environment and several more each day at my site and also experimenting with privacy settings of which this topic is about. I have responded to your comments because, when i first read them, i thought you may have been a similar Win 11 user with similar knowledge of this OS, and it's always good to share what has been learned.(yes i know you have Win 10 experience even though Win 7 is your thing) but was very surprised to learn , you have no hands on time with this OS, but may in a future point, that did explain a few things to me and i then understood we were not on the same page. I was reporting back my learning curve with Win 11 and you were reporting back what you have read, what others have told you, and what you understood to be similar to Win 10.
I do agree with you about this corner of the Internet, as a Soldier both man and boy with 7 Combat Tours under my belt, this is mostly a friendly place with the usual issues of peeps behind keyboards etc... Seen lots of places were things you could not imagine go on each day and are never reported in the media, so yes as a Ten Year member i can not comment on what when on 15 years ago, but believe me i have seen a lot of good and bad.
I personally love a good debate and welcome Informed experience on lots of topics and things, using what i have learned and delivered with Good Manners.
That was my right to reply, and now i too move on.
The cables arrived but realised if i want to make my rig all i want it to be, i will need several more components as desktop PC insides can be filled quickly with a Huge Graphics card. This can leave no space for other components that use the PCIex1 slots right under the fans of the GPU. So by the end of next week i will be able to Run 4 SSDs, Blu-ray Writers and have the space to add 2 more Sata III Ports.
I should be able with just a re boot, to experiment more with Win 11 all settings on several drives and still be able to have my Win 10 with WB10 working and the Win 11 OS using Explorerpatcher so i can further experiment with with Windowblinds 10, and can continue to Beta Test Themes updated to work with Win 11 systems without worrying or messing about with my Daily Win 11 Drive.