I just downloaded WindowsFX 6 Configuration and really love the general idea of it. Many of the features make the operating system look a lot less stiff and if you ask me, its exactly these little things that make an operating system fun to use. Anyway after playing around with it a bit I stumbled across several bugs and just wanted to share some feedback:
- On/Off Button doesn't work seamlessly. I suppose its the loading time that causes it and I think it could be fixed by having a little loading bar, showing the user his click did something and he's gotta wait.
- Wobbly Windows: I would love the feature if it worked properly but: It doesn't react immediately. the first few moments of dragging, the window stays where it is, creating an awkward and buggy snap as soon as it starts moving. This is especially noticable when you try to drag a maximized window. In the first moment after you grab it, it glitches really bad. Just moving windows around however feels great!
The bugs are kind of a dealbreaker as this feature is supposed to make everything look more smooth and glitches just kill this great feel.
- Edge window resizing: A Bug occurs, where I am no longer able to use this feature when it's ticked AND am no longer able to use the default 'drag-window-to-top-to-maximize-feature' from windows!
- darken bg windows should have a slight fade in/ fade out effect, otherwise it feels a bit awkward when dealing with a lot of different windows. the background blur could be really cool if there was a little %-Adjustment, right now it feels waaaaay too heavy for me.
- momentum dragging: another thing that would be sooo slick if there wasn't this one bug where it creates a weird sort of extra-bar when dragging windows to the top of the screen to maximize them with momentum. none of the extra tick options were able to fix this unfortunately. shoutout here for the friction feature. another shoutout to the semi transparent window when being moved feature. this works like a charm and is one of my favorite features. I'd love to see that same fade in/fade out effect on the darken bg windows feature. Same with the 'automatically hide desktop icons unless it has focus' feature. Right now it feels a bit stiff.
Thats all I have to say for now. I'd love to see this being finessed a bit more. If everything worked flawlessly I'd be the first one to recommend it to ANYONE saying windows is ugly, get a mac. Still not a big fan of the windows UI but these little tweaks make it a LOT more joyful to use. Thanks for developing.