janhardo should probably be playing a different game. This one is not for him.
I can understand a mild complaint about the manual, but I am not too bothered by it, for several reasons...
1. I'm aware of the usefulness of the Forum.
2. I've read many parts of the GC3 Wiki (i.e., look at the section on just ship parts. It's excellent)
3. I've got the maturity to try to figure out things for myself (as I said, this is not the game for him)
4. As Brad (the owner of the company) has stated, there are 8 more years of game development already scheduled (too soon for a comprehensive manual).
5. I have watched several YouTube 'Let's Plays' and learned a lot from them.
6. If a race of people were really going into space, they would not have access to a 'manual.' They would have to write there own.
I also have another advantage. I played GC2 and had access to their very good manual (95 pages), and had gained lots of experience with the Galactic Civilization framework and ways of doing things. In janhardo's fragile state, he/she might be well advised to get a copy of 'GC2 Gold' and start playing that. He could then gradually work his way up to GC3 or, he/she might even find that he/she is happier with GC2. Good luck little fellow.