I do hope this will be adressed before release, or in an update coming soon; but there are some serious flaws in diplomacy especially late game.
- There is mention of assimilation treaties [research majesty], however it is not an option anywhere on the diplomacy screen (or maybe that is, because you first have to have other treaties like non agression pacts before it becomes an option?!)
Hell I can't even suggest an Alliance!! Even when it is one of the victory paths designed (but maybe again, you first have to have open borders/ non agression for this to become an option)
- The way pacts are closed can be called odd at least; you offer a non agression pact? But the other party doesn't? So what does that mean, you will not attack, but they still can?? That's confusing..make it similar options; non- agression vs a non-agression pact
- There is no way to demand surrender from another faction in the diplomacy screen so you have to fight till the bitter end
- The only answer possible on a request for peace is ok or ; 'nah gonna kill you', ; bit boring...why not make an option there that peace costs money/research/planets/ starbases etc.
- Other races can issue warnings about shared borders and ships in their AOC or remember who you are trading with, but you are not able to threaten/suggest anything in this area (would make the game far more lively).
(There is an option; I'd like to speak to you about something, but this is still greyed out for everyone)
- Minor races keep threatening you which is really annoying and laughable ( I can only accept this from the Snathi!! LOL)
Also the strange bug persists that sometimes alien planets way deep in your AOC start moving towards rebellion (54%/62% ) and then suddenly it goes back to 0% although your influence is still way over 2x
Just my two cents, wondering how anyone else feels about this?