Just purchased GalCiv3 today and have played my first approx. 3 hours. Got some questions I hope someone can help with. And some comments for the developer. Sorry if these are dumb...
- HOME key should take you to your homeworld
- You shouldn't be able to know the relative power of the other races until you've actually encountered them!
- Sometimes the text in the Research screen explaining what the researches do is partly obscured (doesn't fit text box)
- Would like a more obvious message once a new tech has been researched (at the moment you can easily miss it)
- Don't like the abbreviated names of the races so much (e.g. on ships) - makes it hard to recognize/remember them
- The alien language seems to be the same for all races - it would have been nice to have some variety here
- Is there a way to randomize the starting races? (So it's more of a surprise)
- How do you enable "auto-survey mode" on the survey ship?
- How do I get my ships to automatically move to where I've right-clicked them to go at the start of the next turn? They just sit there otherwise, even though the movement paths predict where they will move. I find this micromanagement of the ships the most frustrating part of the game experience, which I am otherwise enjoying a lot
- Is this a bug? I have a ship that doesn't move, that it is it won't move any further to the west (away from Earth) once it's reached a certain distance. Is this intended, and how do I get my ships to move further away from my homeworld - do I need to do certain research?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts - cheers! Ed