First off, I love playing this darn game, but it’s getting so frustrating dealing with errors I’m getting.
Now the problem I’m running into is that when I end my turn, the game stops responding. It does not crash to the desktop, but rather just stops responding and then windows asks me if I want to close the program or wait, and waiting does not help!
I’m playing with the following Mods:
- Children of Storm
- Black Market Bazaar
- Champion Bonanza
- Level 6 and 7 Cities
- Necromancy Revamped
This is my System:
- Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU X 980 @ 3.33GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
- Physical Memory: 12,288MB RAM
- Card Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
Is this system not good enough for this game?? I’m actually getting the Graphics card updated later this week. (GTX 970)
I’m trying to play on a Huge map with 9 opponents.
The end turn problem happens early on, maybe 80 turns in or so.
Ave already done the following tweaks suggested by Primal Savage:
I also went through a number of OOM threads from the WOM forums. A few things that might help:
- Make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date
- Make sure you have a large enough Paging file
Then, try to lower your in-game settings. These are mine:
OPTIONS (Click image to enlarge)
- Particle Effects: You should probably uncheck this (I keep it checked for testing purposes, but when I play on large+ maps I turn it off).
- Other Outlines: This one is really a personal preference of mine, but you should probably uncheck it as well to improve performance.
ADVANCED OPTIONS(Click image to enlarge)
- Cloth Map Only: This is a last resort measure. If all else fails, you can check this...
- Map Texture Atlas Size: I've heard this should be set to maximum, but I personally use the category (1024 x 4096) just under the maximum (1024 x 8192), which has given me better performances.
I don’t have DLC 6.
I restart my PC and start LH, without anything else running and still the problem happens about 10 min into the session.
The debug.err is very short and does not seem to show anything alarming.
Here are 2:
Unless there is any other advice I think that I’m going to remove some of the new features added by these Mods (Cos & X.D.)
I already removed CoS Rivermod, next I’ll probably remove Tactical Maps.
Any other suggestions to help me out?