I just downloaded the WB Beta for Windows 8.
Norton detects a Virus / Malware or whatever it should be called "WS.Reputation.1" and the file gets autoamtically deleted.
I downloaded from the official Stardock link I got by email from them for the beta.
Here the Report of Norton:
- February 15, 2012 3:15:47 PM
- Risk Impact:
- Systems Affected:
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.
The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.
Antivirus Protection Dates
- Initial Rapid Release version March 27, 2009
- Latest Rapid Release version April 20, 2010 revision 025
- Initial Daily Certified version March 27, 2009 revision 005
- Latest Daily Certified version April 20, 2010 revision 024
- Initial Weekly Certified release date April 1, 2009
So, what to do?