OK, here are a few more organized first thoughts:
Champions recruiting: All good, and I like how there is a secondary impact of more emphasis on troops and special units (henchmen, scions etc.). questions:
- will there still be a slider/option to select how frequently champions will appear? (I hope so)
- will champions also be available through quests and/or random events? (i hope so). EDIT: i reread the OP and it seems they can
Champion specialization trees: like it, although I did enjoy the semi-random options and being able to make rather unique multi-skilled champions in FE (a fire mage/defender, etc.). One MAJOR point:
- please please make governor champions able to consistently earn XP by staying in a city!!!
Tactical battles / new abilities: LOVE IT, have been asking for the swarm ability for a while... one request:
- please also include a backstab ability for assassins and/or dagger weapons...
Other changes: everything seems awesome !!!
Possible other requests that should be easy to implement and would make the expansion even better IMHO:
- deeper / longer multi-level dungeons for RPG-type exploration
- even more monster bosses with unique loot
- even more summoning spells
- engineer units with road bulding, wall building and outpost building abilities
- an "item vault" that can be built in cities and store items or artifacts...
- a "close border/open border" diplomatic option