Had This game gifted to me and have to say ... i cant imagine a better Stratergy game that i have played over the last ... 10 years.
In so far as OVERALL stratergy in a SPACE GAME.
GC2 sure is not a TOTAL WAR game. And i like that aspect of Macro management that GC2 does.
The ability to customize the entire look of your ships is fairly impressive too.
Tech research i find itneresting in so far as there are numerous different techs one can rush for that influence the flow of the game
(Especially if you do not trade those techs you have END GAME plans for with the AI).
Have not had any major issues playing this game so far but that being said ... only played it for approximately 2 weeks.
So i am sure there are MANY MANY things i have simply not noticed , balance issues i still have to be effected by and take stock of etc.
That being said. This game is very impressive considering the AGE of the dam game.
I am running an i72600k Cpu with 2way SLI 570's 8 gigs ddr3 blah blah 32inch flat screen blah blah ... HAF case etc etc.
Anyway ... my Rig is basically a high end rig. And with a high selection of top tier games such as SHOGUN TOTAL WAR ,
BATTLEFIELD FRANSIE ..... amoungst many many other great games and devlopers over the years ...
I am VERY VERY glad my dear friend gifted this game to me. It is a gem amoungst the rough for sure.
Not sure that this matters much in the scheme of things .... but i am intending over the next few weeks to purchase a good ten or so copies of this game to gift to other mates of our playing group.... because this game rates to me as one of those MUST HAVE game experiences for pc.
Regardless of the genre you like to play. I feel that the following games are a must play for any serious pc gamer. Just to experience.
(In no order of preference)
1. Shogun Total war ( co-op and head to head campaign with full battles / online MP battles / single player campaign if u cant H-D)
2. EVIL GENUIS ( if you have ever watched a james bond film and thought of a certain comedy spy " Fricken sharks with lazer beams " )
3. Battle field 2 Bad Company 2 ( Have not played BF3 ... but BF2 BC2 with headset team play and full squads on Team speak is
Just frankly .... amazing ... have to experience it to see it )
4. Masters of Orion 2 ( NOT Moo3 because that was just disgusting. MOO2 prepares you for the awesomeness that is GC2)
5. Galatic Civ2 ( Who does not want to design a star trek vessal and watch it get killed by a Borg cube before dying to a star destroyer )
6. Age of pirates 2 ( Pirates. Ships. Cannons. Sword fights. RPG level up system. Yea its awesome )
7. RapeLay ( For no other reason than to ask yourself ... WHY GOD WHY ... and then purge your harddrive and burn it )
8. COD XXXXIV ( I'm sure thats the current version lol .. and Just so you understand the phrase FUCKING NOOB TUBING BASTARD )
9. Company of hero's ( After all this time .. still the number 1 Real Time Stratergy game. Seriously> Play it and have fun.
Again a game with voice chat 3rd party program needed ... and a good regulour co-op buddy to play with )
10. DEUS EX HUMAN REV ( Its Deus Ex. Its story line is deep even if the ending is not. Well worth playing. Makes you think ..
And if this game does not challange your ethics .. your not paying attention to the choices )
11. Deus EX *Original game * ( More so than the new release .. this game for all its shoddy graphics has GAME PLAY and
MAKE YOU THINK written all over it. Truly one of the greatest games ever made for that value alone)
Anyway ... you get the point. There are a WIDE WIDE range of games from different devolpers that push the envolope
( What sorry ... Add THE WITCHER 2 to that above list for story line ...and game play )
I'm not a fan of BEST GAME EVA!!!!! claims by people. I loved SHOGUN 2 .. still do. And in its field of expertise nothing comes close to matching its sheer exerlence in game play , balance and graphics.
That being said. GC2 the game this forum is for ... is NOT the latest and greatest HIGH END graphical MONSTER ...
But it does not need to be.
GC2 stands out as a MUST HAVE game for the amazing qualities it does have.
Long term game play STRATEGIC planing.
Custome ship builds.
Easy to understand use counter and be countered ROCK PAPER SCISSORS battle mechanics
Tech tree varations and the effects these techs have on game play and objectives..
The sheer CUSTOM THE SHIT Out of all the game options .. from RACE .. tech .. ships ... galaxy map .. etc.
ANyway .. rant done.
Rock on STARDOCK. THis game is amazing. Thankyou for sooo many hours soo far of fun frustration and enjoyment