Last night when I posted this I was a few glasses of wine into it Anyways, I want this game to succeed right away. I'm just talking about polish issues here that will be noticeable to someone picking this up for the first time. I'll list some of the issues that I'm referring to.
1. The event scheduling problem is horrible. When it jumps from the middle of an event to another event before the first is resolved is amazingly annoying and makes the game appear poorly written.
2. As of [.992] I still have the 'not responding' thing when the game is loading both before the title screen, and after.
3. Trying to select multiple units is awful. Instead of just highlighting the units you wish to move as in MOM (which was easy) you have to shift select units and then click on the little tiny arrow to have them separate.
4. The crossed-swords icon turns up at weird times and is confusing to use as it isn't obvious where the selection point is.
5. The EQUIP option with new items should take you to the equip screen. I always have to check my unit after this to see what it did.
6. It often happens where I encounter a tile and fight whatever is there. Afterwards, the tile shows the green chest, but I cant encounter it without moving off the tile and moving back to it.
7. Whenever I have a path that a unit is moving through, the dots for the path don't disappear as i move through them. They only disappear when I move to a new tile. I know this sounds trivial, and it is, but it feels hastily tacked on and looks cheesy.
8. A unit can have the explore option turned on (by accident) and there is no way to know other than to realize your unit is going somewhere you didn't tell it to.
9. Text is formatted poorly where there may only be one word on a line and then continues on the next. For example the descriptions of: 'Lost Goods' , The 'Education' tech , the 'Craftsmanship' tech , the 'Refined Agriculture' tech , the 'Heavy Armor' tech , the 'refined Training' tech and on and on....
10. The titles for many of the units don't fit on the text boxes such as 'Air Shrill's Army'
11. There's a campaign that no one has seen that should be vetted by the beta testers before released to the public.
I don't list these things to be an ass. I love the game and want it to succeed. I try to load up the game and look at it as though I haven't played it before, and many of the things I listed above make the game look hastily done.
I just bought the new x-com game and the camera problems with moving between levels is so annoying to make the game near unplayable. Firaxis is getting alot of heat for this and I don't want the same to happen to stardock. While FE doesn't have anything like this, I just don't want it to look half-assed when released as It's going to be judged against WOM and so will be scrutinized more harshly.