First of all, it's a huge improvement over 0,75 stability-wise. I haven't had a single crash and I played for a few hours straight with some Alt-Tabing included.
Monsters seem a bit stronger overall than in 0,75 which is nice, I also like the change of level for recruitable champions.
Now, what I'd like to see improved are the following things:
- enemy champions are in general much weaker than my own (ok I realize they usually can't be as strong since AI-strategy shouldn't always be to mirror my build which is leveled-up chapms in more or less a killer stack, but they should get more attention anyway)
- It feels kinda stupid to so easily kill the non-recruited champs of the opposite faction in mid and late game.
- tactical battles :
- still don't have the epic feel. What I mean is - the tactical battlefield is way too small, terrain should play a bigger part in the battle
- line of sight should be introduced (I shouldn't be able to target the enemy unit surrounded with my troops with archers or direct damage magic from 6-7 fields away without having at least a % chance of hitting my own guys.
- Possibility of really big battles would be nice (with several adjacent stacks included)
- Sieges. I realize they're probably a no-go at this point, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see them anyway . I believe they'd bring a lot to tactical battles.
I know that the tactical battles are supposed to be fast - but they are bread and butter of the game. When having invested so much time in collecting heroes and outfitting them it would be nice that tactical battles have more depth than now. They are currently too straight-forward and after a while become boring because they're too repetative.
- I really like the flavor texts (heroes, monsters etc). Now I took the time to really read them and they have the right feel.
- Factions should have more differences. Right now, playing kingdom or empire really feels the same, not to mention that differences among various kingdom or empire factions are too small.