It has come to our attention that some people may have had issues with some apps and WB and opted not to tell anyone about it.
Obviously we would like to know about them so we can resolve the issues.
If you have had an issue with an app caused by being skinned by WB, please post the following information in this thread:
1) The app name
2) The OS you are using
3) The theme you are using
4) The problem you have encountered
5) If you did report it to support a ticket number would help.
If the issue is visual a screenshot would help and where the app is more unusual we would like to know where we may be able to obtain a trial or demo version of it from.
Please note that we are not looking for bug reports on making skins here. This is specifically for application issues.
1) Anuko World Clock (http://www.anuko.com/world_clock/)
2) Windows 8.1 64bit
3) Lantana (but applies to any skin)
4) With both WindowBlinds 8.02 and worldclock loaded, windows explorer continuously freezes display of the taskbar (no taskbar)(taskbar set as unlocked and autohide) with high cpu useage of > 50% for explorer.exe. If explorer.exe restarted in task manager then the taskbar unfreezes and becomes available again. However, as soon as a process uses explorer.exe the freeze and high cpu issue recurs and, usually, I have to go into Task Manager and restart explorer.exe to regain the task bar. Occasionally, explorer.exe can recover on its own but if it does it requires several moments waiting, and then more often than not, it just remains at high cpu and an unusable task bar. The system itself does not freeze, I can continue using programs etc, I just have no access to the taskbar and/or explorer.exe directly and, of course, responsiveness is affected due to high cpu usage.
The only way I was able to get the two programs to work together was to completely exclude the skinning of explorer.exe in WindowBlinds configuration - tried various and sundry combinations of exclusions but the only one that worked was to exclude the entire thing. Excluding any or parts of worldclock did not work. Of course, excluding exporer.exe meant no taskbar skinning or skinning of any other explorer.exe system windows. Finally I disabled Anuko World Clock from auto starting, removed explorer.exe from any exclusions and, voila, everything under Windows 8.1 and WindowBlinds 8.02 now skin nicely with no further hangs of the taskbar or high explorer.exe cpu usage. Has been working stably for a couple days now. But as soon as I start-up or reload Anuko World Clock, the tasbar and explorer cpu issues are back.
Conclusion: Anuko World Clock, however it hooks into Windows Explorer, is not compatible with WindowBlinds. As a note, prior to using WindowBlinds I encountered no issues with World Clock and have used it under XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8/8.1 for a few years now.
5) Issue not reported to either vendor.