I spent about 5 hours with 1.1, and ... I still don't know if I'm going to like it.
Stardock loves vanilla and percentages and AI. I love unique, game altering/imbalancing abilities and could care less about percentages as long as I'm crushing my opponents. I don't think that Stardock can deliver on what I want.
Maybe it's that I just can't get IN to the game. There is still too sharp of a learning curve for me to appreciate the more subtle strategies. The in-game help is better, but I still have questions. (Like, how should I prioritize my tech research?) There isn't a great strategy guide yet for 1.1. I'll try reading the GameFAQs FAQ on my car trip tomorrow to see if that helps.
I'll keep trying to like it if you guys keep trying to fix it.
Anyway...Here are my 1.1 Suggestions:
* Built Units just sit in a city - If you don't know you completed the build and aren't paying attention to the icons on the side of the screen, you will totally miss them. There isn't a handy popup telling you that your unit was finished. Why not have two popups: one for a city with idle build queue and one for a city with an idle training queue.
* Let us easily rearrange the queue order.
* Why must I earmark materials when I queue up a building or unit? Why can't these materials be consumed progressively through the build time or all at once when the build starts? This limits how many buildings or units I can queue up ahead of time, which means I spend more time micromanaging cities.
* If the material usage is incremental, wouldn't it be cool if we could emphasize training units over building new buildings? Maybe add a sliding scale control that would let you allocate more resources to one task or another?
* If I have unmoved units, can I have the option to NOT end the turn?
* I want to fight for some goodie huts. Don't just make them up for grabs. Give some of the early game ones teeth!
* Tactical combat is still way too slow. The animations and the delay between animations take too long, and we still don't have a way to control that. I want it MoM-fast. Attack-Counter-Attack-Counter-Attack-Attack-Attack. Not Attack...wait...Counter...wait...
* Tactical: In general, it would be better if the attacking unit crossed over into the defending unit's square during the attack, rather than have them trade blows across the squares' boundary. After all, it's ridiculous that a retreating unit would move to the edge of its square to face their attacker.
* I suggested this before, but it's still a major pet peeve of mine. I CAN'T ALWAYS TELL IF I CAN MOVE INTO A SQUARE! It's those stupid mountains. Even when I turn on the faint gridlines, I still can't always discern where my units can move. I hate this about Elemental.
* Put the load button back on the option screen.
* Let us edit our custom soverigns.
* Why am I omnipotent and am able to see the kingdom info of my enemies? Shouldn't this be the result of a powerful magic spell or spying technology?
* I still don't have a way to know where my mana is coming from. I know I get 4 per turn, but what's the breakdown?
* I can't look up in-game what the traits of the kingdom/empire faction I'm playing. If I had a custom faction, I often forget my advantages.
* If my soverign is a merchant, how do I know how much guildar she's generating? Non-soverign champions show this.
* If I play on Tiny, my mini-map in the upper-right doesn't get completely filled in. What's worse is that I keep getting graphical artifacts popping up in the box.