After playing this game for several days now I have to say, awesome.
The more I play this game the more I love it. The level of customization is what really takes this game over the top. The unit cards with the ability to pose them and throw in your own cliche'd quote ... too sweet. After figuring out how to pace the game and knowing what to reseach and when ... pure coolnes. You can almost feel a change in the world when other races figure out some peice of technology or magic before you and it leaves you scrambling in an effort to recoup your lost ground. Playing an open ended game just feels so epic. And then, if I want, I can jump into the map editor and throw together the fantasy world of my dreams with realative ease... so nice.
This thing is too good. You don't have to wait for this game to become a legend it is a legend.
All that said there are some rough edges. I'll bring your head back out of the clouds a little.
- FOW on the mini map doesn't reset properly between games
- Having the units queue up orders during tactical play would be nice so you can get them all moving quicker
- Would love to be able to rename my heros and have the new name show up in their background story, it doesnt currently change
- Remove repeat quest locations from the map after you solve the quest.. you get a marker for quests that you have done and when you enter them nothing happens because you have already done it.
- Starting sailing vessels are too slow, they need just a little more speed one square should feel better
Ill send some more later, but right now I have to get back to playing some before work.... feed the addictionfeedtheaddictionfeedtheaddiction.