There are 3 separate pools for Favor.
- Single Player
- Multiplayer LAN
- Multiplayer Custom/Skirmish/Pantheon (Internet).
There is also a [BUG] with Multiplayer Custom/Skirmish/Pantheon in which items you've purchased will be lost and favor you've gained will go missing along with the ability to go negative in favor. None of those things are suppose to happen, but they do.
- Having three seperate pools is confusing the the end user.
- How many favor points do I have?
- Why do I no longer have X item?
- Having the UI show the gold/money icon when it does not cost gold is confusing.
- Does this cost gold?
- Does it cost favor the first time and gold the second?
- Does this cost gold and favor?
- Having a previously purchased item show a gold/favor cost is also confusing.
- Does this cost gold now?
- Do I have to purchase every time I want to use it?
- Not being able to look at all favor items after purchasing one is annoying.
- How much did X favor item cost?
- What did Y Favor Item do?
- Granted, making this change might lead people to believe they can get a diffrent one or swap/change items in a game.
- Not having a place to look at what your currently gained favor pool is, is bad.
- It would be nice to have your current favor listed some place so you don't have to start a game to see how much you have.
You can cheat and set your multiplayer LAN favor to what ever you want via modifying the files in Demigod. This will not effect your online/internet favor.
Favor is not demigod specific.
- Currently Demigod is in Epoch 0.
- Once the patheon is *won* I believe they plan to reset everyone's purchased favor items and favor amounts.
- Epoch 1 will then begin.
- Brad has posted that in Epoch 1, you will no longer be able to gain favor by playing custom games (just Skirmish & Pantheon games.
I personally hope that in Epoch 1, if you play in a custom game ALL favor items will be accessable (or you'll be able to set that as an option). This would give players a place to try out and practice to see which favor items they like. This would also make it so there is only two favor pools, Single player and Multiplayer which I think would be far less confusing than the current setup.