Wonder what the response will be from Stardock? Wonder if it's too late to cancel my preorder..no offense to good 'ol Stardock, but if I can start playing now and get to practicing..why wait for them to start slowly passing out keys Tuesday and then spend most of the day downloading?
Maybe they'll offer a bonus to make up for it. *Hopes in vain.* Well, it's too late to pick it up now but we'll see what they say by tomorrow.
If Gamestop is indeed selling it (as opposed to it being a fluke of a couple of stores) please bear in mind that buying from them prior to release is rewarding those stores for violating their agreement with us and we make far less revenue per copy when it's sold through Gamestop than when it's purchase direct.
It's your choice of course but I would urge you or anyone else who has pre-ordered from canceling it.
No worries Frogboy, I've decided a bit ago not to cancel. Too much hassle, and it's not your fault, and I'm just being an impatient idiot. At best I'll pick up a normal addition to lan with and maybe even to avoid the download with and then gift it.
Still, you have to understand the position of the customer. For many people, this fluke of eb games is 1000x more effective than waiting for Tuesday to download or pick up the game. It's not your fault and it shouldn't of happened, but a lot will still cancel just because it's the more effective choice at the moment considering how release is going to be done.
The store i purchased mine from had just 1 copy of the CE and 10 copies of the regular....
Thanks, though it doesn't matter much now. At best I'll stick to a normal copy and continue to get my collector's through Stardock.