Stardock

I cannot save a desktop theme...

By on February 10, 2007 3:08:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

LabShark

Join Date 09/2006
I cannot save a theme once I edit it. I have tried within the theme Retro for example, but the Save As button does not work. If I go to load a new theme - I am offered the chance to save the current (modified) theme. I type in the name (in the correct folder) and hit Save. It appears to work - but the new theme is nowhere to be found.

Am I nuts?
5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 10, 2007 4:06:07 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
It sounds like you need to clear the cache. Here is an article by CorkyO on how to clear the cache. WWW Link Please follow the instructions. If that doesn't work you may need to reinstall DesktopX or you can try hanging some garlic over your bed on the next full moon.  
February 10, 2007 4:41:21 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
With DesktopX or DX builder?
February 11, 2007 5:56:01 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
I cannot save a theme once I edit it. I have tried within the theme Retro for example, but the Save As button does not work. If I go to load a new theme - I am offered the chance to save the current (modified) theme. I type in the name (in the correct folder) and hit Save. It appears to work - but the new theme is nowhere to be found.

Are you using a trial version of desktopx ?
February 11, 2007 10:45:29 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
No - they are the purchased versions. I am running DesktopX with Windows Blinds. Just bought them online yesterday.

Thanks - I'll look into the cache deal.
February 11, 2007 2:56:32 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Just checking which version...

When you turn on DesktopX are you right clicking on the Icon in Sys tray and switching to " Builder Mode " first ? Usually I start in builder mode - Right click again on icon and select " New desktop" Save current theme > select No > Reset Desktop select yes.
Then I start from there...
Right click on icon in sys tray and " Load Desktop" select your desktop and apply.
Now each change you make depending on what you change or remove make sure in the properties that you hit apply > then ok.
Once you finished editing your theme > right click on Icon in sys tray again > click on " Save " ( no need to use the " save as " unless your renaming it ) After hitting " Save " wait a few moments until you recieve the pop up message " Your desktop has been saved etc etc . Then you can either unload desktopX as is so next time this Theme will come on when you turn on DX or just repeat the: Right click again on icon and select " New desktop" Save current theme > select No > Reset Desktop select yes.
To start with a clean desktop next time.

Clearing DX Cache and Widget cache is always a good place to start when things wont do as their told.

Forgive me if my directions are a bit too basic and you already know all this..just double checking.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000328   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+