Stardock
Stardock Closed for the Holidays
Jan 5, 2015 8:45

Stardock's offices will be closed in observance of the holiday season from December 19th until January 5th, 2015.

During this time there will be a delay in answering support tickets, so we ask for your patience during the holiday period.  While we will keep tabs on the tickets during the break, we will respond to them as quickly as possible upon our return.  

On behalf of the Stardock staff we wish you a happy holiday season and look forward to the new year!

How To Create New Iconpackage?

By on December 17, 2005 9:50:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

dj_cityboy

Join Date 01/2004
hey i was wondering if someone could really explain to me how to create an IconPackage? i have tons of Icons in .ico and .png format and would like to create one package outta these.
i have been able to change them through Icon Packager one by one.......but if i wanna change my icons for a bit and want to apply the package again at a later time i have to do it all aver again one by one.

i would like to create one or two packages and save them and be able to apply them all in one shot! not change icons in an already made package, i want to make a new package that if i wanted to i could upload to wincustomize for people to use??

if you could help me figure it out that would be great.....

oh yeah incase it helps i have IconPackager version 3

peas
cityboy
5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 17, 2005 10:20:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Try here:

Mormegil main site for articles [Link]

Icon-A-Day: making the final IconPackage [Link]

Icon-A-Day, Tutorial Index [Link]
December 17, 2005 11:20:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

With a window open containing the individual ".ico" files you want to use (you may need to consolidate them into a folder first):

Start IconPackager > View menu > Package Builder > Drag-n-Drop the ".ico" file you want to use, onto the icon you wish to change in the list (the list is simply categories displaying all the default icons that a standard package contains) > repeat this process for the whole list (or leave some unchanged if you wish) > use the "Save" or "Save As" button in the Package Builder toolbar to save your new package > close IconPackager.

Go to the location of new package you just created, and double-click the "IconPackager" icon which represents your new package. This should invoke the IconPackager program with your package loaded and ready to install. (note - this will also place your new package in the themes list for use at any time, from within IconPackager).

That should do it.

December 18, 2005 5:32:06 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
hey thanx a ton guys i was sick of waiting for someone to release a Vista IconPackage so i decided to make my own........

once again thanx for yer help.......it really did have me stumped!

peas
cityboy
December 18, 2005 10:13:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
You're welcome.
December 18, 2005 11:15:42 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+