Stardock

Windowblinds + Intel VTune = instant reboot

By on October 10, 2005 2:08:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums External Link

00Chris00

Join Date 10/2005

When I start Intel's VTune performance profiling application whilst WindowBlinds is running, the effect is an instant reboot (not even a blue screen; the system just reboots).

This happens with both WB4 and WB5 beta. I have confirmed WB is the cause by first unloading all other add-ons (e.g. objectdock and so forth) and running VTune while only WB was active (caused reboot). I then unloaded WindowBlinds and ran VTune (no reboot). While VTune was running I then loaded a WB theme; the result was a reboot.

I've been using VTune for perhaps about two years and have never seen this behaviour before; I only recently started using WB and as such this is the first time they have been used together.

I would appreciate hearing of a solution to this.

N.B. the vtune site has a demo available if someone from StarDock would care to test this themselves.

2 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 10, 2005 8:52:18 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums
Note: I see now that the reboot doesn't happen if I select 'total exclusion' in WB config (that wasn't my impression earlier but now at least appears to be the case). So it appears I can get around the problem, but nevertheless I would recommend that stardock still investigate this since it's never nice to have your system reboot under you because of a software glitch.
October 12, 2005 8:46:13 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
We are looking into this
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000094   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+