Stardock

Founder's Program Survey

By on November 9, 2015 9:00:35 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Vaelzad

Join Date 03/2015
+70

Hey Everyone, 

While many of you are going to consider this common sense, I just thought I would make sure to make it crystal clear. If you want to get into the Founder's Program you are going to have to COMPLETE the entire survey. I've seen a lot of people who have started the application and not answered any of the questions. That's not going to get you in. 

For those who have been considering it and haven't applied yet here is the link to the Founder's Application Survey

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VCQQG7D

Invites have not been sent out yet for everyone who has filled it out and haven't heard anything yet. I know the wait can be agonizing. 

27 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 9, 2015 11:39:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

AGONY!

November 9, 2015 6:28:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

November 9, 2015 6:42:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Maybe they were like me. I started the survey at work, got to the DX request, and then had to redo it at home.

In hindsight, I should have submitted my DX data for my low-end home PC, my mid-range work PC, and my work ultrabook in addition to my high-end desktop because I could foresee myself playing local multiplayer on these systems against friends and family.

November 9, 2015 10:40:34 PM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

That's what happened to me too, but I was on an ipad when I started the survey the first time.

November 10, 2015 5:59:20 PM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

Quoting ,

Invites have not been sent out yet for everyone who has filled it out and haven't heard anything yet. I know the wait can be agonizing. 

So this seems to imply that "some" invites have been sent. Will we receive an e-mail if not selected?

November 10, 2015 10:23:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting CivHunter,

Quoting ,

So this seems to imply that "some" invites have been sent. Will we receive an e-mail if not selected?

This is a good question. Now I spend my time wondering if I filled the application out incorrectly. Should I reapply for safe measure?

November 10, 2015 11:12:50 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

No invites have been sent.

We're trying to keep the number very very low since we will be spending a lot of time with the first group of founders.

November 10, 2015 11:14:31 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

BTW, wait until you see the alien interaction.  You're going to poop.  I showed it to Paul recently.   

The style is Star Control 2 but 3D, cartoony but real time, full body interaction. Think Civilization V leaders on steroids.

November 10, 2015 11:41:23 PM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

BTW, wait until you see the alien interaction.  You're going to poop.  I showed it to Paul recently.   

The style is Star Control 2 but 3D, cartoony but real time, full body interaction. Think Civilization V leaders on steroids.

We're trying to keep the number very very low since we will be spending a lot of time with the first group of founders.

Thanks for the feedback on signups. I loved the Civ V leaders. Can't wait to see the full sized models! Cartoony for fun for the win!

November 11, 2015 1:29:27 AM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Interesting.  Can't wait to see it!!

November 11, 2015 1:30:49 AM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

I've been checking the forum and mailbox everyday like clockwork hoping to see a nice surprise. 

November 11, 2015 8:53:38 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I wonder how many apps you received already. Judging from the number of active users of SC forum it shouldn't be more than 100. Maybe all active users on here could get in. 

November 11, 2015 2:33:08 PM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

Quoting Hunam_,

I wonder how many apps you received already. Judging from the number of active users of SC forum it shouldn't be more than 100. Maybe all active users on here could get in. 

Lots of applicants (>1000 so far).  But we do want to keep the final number pretty low.

November 11, 2015 2:42:26 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

I hope I get selected because I'm looking forward to playing all of you in SuperMelee. If I don't get an invite, I'll know you Stardock'ers are scared of losing.

November 11, 2015 4:53:36 PM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

I can't wait to get it started because we really want to start talking to you guys about some of the decision directions and get early feedback without it being "public".

November 11, 2015 8:39:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Is there a definitive date on when the invites will start to be sent? Just wanna know when to check my inboxs for a hopeful surprise.

November 11, 2015 10:47:12 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

I can't wait to get it started because we really want to start talking to you guys about some of the decision directions and get early feedback without it being "public".

You posted that right after I threw down the SuperMelee gauntlet. All those secrets must be a burden. It's almost as if you wanted to discuss the state of SuperMelee or general ship combat... Hmm...

(Psst. This is when you let it slip that SuperMelee will offer 2-on-2, or 4-on-4 multiplayer combat as well as local co-op.)

I'm here to listen. I have my pen ready to sign that NDA.

November 12, 2015 5:18:09 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Please consider us old gamers when selecting the final founders 

any time table regarding founders program?

Regards.

November 12, 2015 8:40:56 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The tragedy of realizing there was far more info here than I realized, finding a Founder's signup link. . . and then realizing I'm on my work PC for the next 4 hours

November 12, 2015 9:17:26 AM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

Quoting billia,

Is there a definitive date on when the invites will start to be sent? Just wanna know when to check my inboxs for a hopeful surprise.

I'll post an announcement when the first batch of founder's invites are sent out. Also be aware, if you don't make it in the initial batch of invites it doesn't mean you haven't been selected. We are keeping the initial number low and will be increasing it over time. 

November 12, 2015 6:02:54 PM from Star Control Forums Star Control Forums

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to get picked.  

November 12, 2015 6:36:30 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsYJfUvszq4

My body is ready!

November 12, 2015 9:51:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

^ I hope it's not gonna be just youtubers and twitchers...

November 20, 2015 10:33:38 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Eh, I started to fill out the survey, but it was way too long and detailed for this stage.

November 20, 2015 11:45:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting wuphonsreach,

Eh, I started to fill out the survey, but it was way too long and detailed for this stage.

Dude, why even bother trying to become a founder for a game you couldn't spare 4 1/2 minutes to fill out a survey for?

Your soul is weak, my child.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002406   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+