Stardock

Stack Docklet not skinning

By on November 8, 2015 3:07:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

UsernameNeeded

Join Date 11/2015
+1

Hello, all. I'm a huge fan of Objectdock. No other dock compares in all around quality. One of the major reasons I do like it so much is because of the "Stack Docklet". For some reason though it no longer allows me to skin it with a custom icon. I've tried other versions of them but, it's all the same. Could it be because I upgraded from Windows 8 (where it worked fine) to Windows 10? Any help would be appreciated. I tried to see if it was a problem on Rocketdock and it wasn't. I really don't want to go back. Thanks in advance.

15 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
November 8, 2015 4:34:20 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I'm still in W7 so I can't be very helpful any way you can always try with the StandaloneStacks in my opinion the "Stacks on steroids" !  check here >

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/objectdock/17355/ and here> http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/objectdock/17405/ 

November 8, 2015 8:09:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hey, Frankell. Thanks for the tip. I had used the standalonestack before. When I was experimenting with different docks and whatnot. I did enjoy using it. I liked being able to move it/them around but, Objectdock became the complete package. Up until now of course. If I/or someone else can't figure this out, I'll be adding a standalone stack to the mix. If you can ask others on the form for me I'd appreciate it. See you around.

November 9, 2015 8:56:44 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

are you trying to change the icon using the mouse right click or are you going to change the icon directly in the Stacks Docklet folder ?

any way ...

"This is a call for all the "Stacks docklet lovers"  please let us know if you experienced some issue on upgrading to W10  "

November 9, 2015 10:55:36 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm trying to do it through the docklet's internal menu. Everything else is still doable. I can assign the folder for the docklet to expand to. It opens fine. But the icon won't change from that funky question mark. Luckily I only use it for my games folder. It was convenient being to click on it and choose what game to play, rather than using a file browser. Thanks for the continued help. Seriously. I'm all for "Stacks Docklet Mob" to organize. How is it that Stardock or someone else, hasn't improved on it? 

November 9, 2015 11:52:42 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

are you sure that the image you are trying to use is " .png " format not an ".ico" file ?

in the end you can replace "that funky question mark" going to the Programs Files > Stardock > ObjectDock folder

just rename the "Default.png" > "Default-backup.png" and call your new image "Default.png" then ... let me know !

November 9, 2015 3:16:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You, Frankell. Are a genius. A GENIUS, I say. Many thanks from Brooklyn. It's good to have my icon back.

November 9, 2015 4:22:01 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You're from Brooklyn? New York? I grew up in Brooklyn.

November 10, 2015 6:18:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting UsernameNeeded,

You, Frankell. Are a genius. A GENIUS, I say. Many thanks from Brooklyn. It's good to have my icon back.

it's my pleasure ! ... from the Dock\Stack Land based in Rome, Italy

November 11, 2015 3:42:58 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I hope you know, this makes you my goto person when ever I have an Objectdock issue. Don't worry though, I'll try to troubleshoot beforehand. 

November 11, 2015 12:01:00 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting UsernameNeeded,

I hope you know, this makes you my goto person when ever I have an Objectdock issue. Don't worry though, I'll try to troubleshoot beforehand. 

A wise choice. Few, if any, other people know as much about using OD as frankell does. Definitely a great source of information!

November 11, 2015 3:20:39 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

... I'm a huge fan of Objectdock. No other dock compares in all around quality ..."

yeah there are many other dock applications, some more simple (i.e. RocketDock) some much more complex (i.e. NexusDock) but I really liked your words

moreover IMHO visiting the ObjectDock Galleries you'll find the best dock skinners & skins !

karma for your incipit ( I clicked on the thumb up button near the reply )

November 11, 2015 3:27:11 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting Wizard1956,

A wise choice. Few, if any, other people know as much about using OD as frankell does. Definitely a great source of information!

many thanks Wiz for your always welcome nice support !

(karma also for you !) 

November 11, 2015 3:30:05 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

opps double post !

well this is the occasion to let me celebrate the 50.000 downloads of my  "StacksAnimated DoublePassion" skin !!

November 11, 2015 4:09:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Congratulations Frankell. 

November 12, 2015 1:19:40 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

thanks uvah  ! actually I'm very close to reach the 50K for sure today is the day

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+