Stardock

Fences 3 Beta Thread

By on September 25, 2015 2:11:00 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

The Fences 3 beta is available to Object Desktop members, and current members can download the beta from your Stardock account.

Changelog:

• Windows 10 compatibility
  • High DPI support
  • New Feature: Translucency behind Fences (Windows 10 only)

During the beta, we'll be updating this post with additional release notes when updates are available.

If you have Fences 3 feedback or bug reports to share, please use this thread only so we can keep track of them in one place.

Beta 2 Update (2/2/16)

Changelog:

• Roll-up Fences
  • Navigate Folder Portals

Clean Desktop
Clean Desktop

Folder Portal Navigation
Folder Poral Navigation

Folder Portal
Folder Portal

Rolled Down Fence
Rolled Down Fence

83 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 11, 2015 6:14:37 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting sujennings,

I agree with ScaccoMatto. This is shabby behavior. Fences 2.13 no longer work on my machine. I find out I have a potential solution but I need to purchase more software to have the privilege to try it.

No, you don't. You can upgrade to Fences 3.0 when it releases. For a fee, probably.

Do you think you should buy once and get free upgrades for life? How would the company keep improving the product? Someone has to pay the developers.

It was in your agreement when you purchased Fences that you would get free updates up to the next version. Meaning Fences 2.xx buyers will get all 2.xx updates for free. 3.xx is a new version.

December 13, 2015 4:51:07 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You guys at Stardock ROCK

We PAY for Fences and you gives us a mucked up 2.xx update for Windows 10.

We are alreay months from 10 launch and you still only givethe Object Happy users the 3.0 beta.

Give us working software or pay me back my licence costs !!!!!!!

And for once be like a grown up and answer something usefull starduck

December 13, 2015 7:00:52 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting mruiter,

You guys at Stardock SUCK

We PAY for Fences and you gives us a xxxxx up 2.xx update for Windows 10.

We are alreay months from 10 launch and you still only givethe Object xxx users the 3.0 beta.

Give us working software or pay me back my licence costs !!!!!!!

And for once be like a grown up and answer something usefull xxxxxx

Fences 2.13 was built well before Windows 10 came out (Oct 2014 I believe), so there has been no update for Fences which has broken it intentionally on Windows 10 unless the developers have time travel machines.

To the best of my knowledge Fences 2.13 works fine on Windows 10.  If you are having problems I recommend uninstalling, rebooting and then downloading the 2.13 version from your downloads on the store and reinstalling it.  If you continue to have problems contact http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

You must remember that YOU chose to upgrade your OS not Stardock and even if Fences 2.x had not worked on Windows 10 (it does) there would be obligation on Stardock to give you Fences 3 beta or in fact ever release a Fences 3.  You purchased a product (Fences 2) which continues to work as it did before on the platform that you had at the time.

I must also point out that should you continue to make posts with such language you will find yourself being an ex member of the site.  We expect certain standards of those who post here and if you cannot meet those you will regrettably be removed. 

December 13, 2015 9:23:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Any news on when Fences 3 is going to come out of Beta as I really do not went to install version 2 on my windows 10 laptop (especially when people are still having problems with it)?

NIK

December 13, 2015 12:24:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

NIK, the group of people NOT having a problem with Fences 2.13 on Windows10 far outnumbers those who do.

This generally means that those who do either have a conflicting process/program running, or they need to uninstall/reinstall Fences.

There are thousands if not millions of people NOT having any problems.

December 15, 2015 6:31:17 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You guys are doing a great job, i can wait to see more improvements and features for Fences 3.0. Keep up the amazing work, we are thankful for you!

December 17, 2015 11:25:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting daveswynn2,

Well, I spoke too soon.....still crashing as it did under 2.13.......

When it crashes Fences disappears, but then when you right click on the desktop, after a short while, everything comes back.....

Beta V3 is NOT yet compatible with Windows 10......

ACK !!!   what a shame. I have been a paid for user of Fense's since early beta 1 days... I love Fences.  I use windows 10 though.  Are you working on a Windows 10 fix please ????

Thank you

John

PS... For what it's worth, I have no problems with the latest version of 2.x on Windows 10.

December 24, 2015 2:42:17 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If I get fences 2 for my laptop will I have to pay again for Fences 3?

Nik

December 24, 2015 6:38:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Do you have the official release date for this version?

January 8, 2016 11:46:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Dear support,

as you can see here are many users comming and paying for fences in the past. How can it be that we are all unhappy running with problems under win10? I can not understand, that you leave you former happy customers alone with their problem.

As you can read here many of us would like to upgrade fences to be win10 compatible. Even when we have to pay.

A really frustrated user

January 11, 2016 2:55:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting interessean,

Dear support,

as you can see here are many users comming and paying for fences in the past. How can it be that we are all unhappy running with problems under win10? I can not understand, that you leave you former happy customers alone with their problem.

As you can read here many of us would like to upgrade fences to be win10 compatible. Even when we have to pay.

A really frustrated user

As long as you have Fences 2 (v2.13), you should have a working app on Win10.

Fences 3 is not available to everyone yet as it has not released. It's available in Beta to current Object Desktop members.

For support we have a website where you can submit tickets: http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit - If you're having trouble, please don't hesitate to contact us there.

January 18, 2016 1:36:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Can any of you Stardock folks give an estimate of when Fences 3 will be operational and available for a 30 day test before purchase?

January 18, 2016 1:44:19 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

We don't have a date we can give at this time. Hopefully in the next month or so we'll have more details.

January 19, 2016 8:17:32 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Can you please add an option to change the mouse assignment for the "Desktop Quick-Hide" feature?  I have another application I use that uses the double-click the desktop action.  It would be great if we could customize this assignment (both with a mouse button action and a shortcut key).  This is the main reason I use Fences.  Thank you very much.

January 21, 2016 9:50:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I have a problem with fences 2.13.  After windows has loaded, the desktop and taskbar will be displayed, except for the fences and folder portals, and no icon is displayed.  I have to right-click the mouse in order for the fences to appear.  The "Configure Fences" entry in the context menu will appear after the right-click.

January 21, 2016 9:53:10 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting eckvanm,

I have a problem with fences 2.13.  After windows has loaded, the desktop and taskbar will be displayed, except for the fences and folder portals, and no icon is displayed.  I have to right-click the mouse in order for the fences to appear.  The "Configure Fences" entry in the context menu will appear after the right-click.

Please start a support ticket or a thread in the Fences forum. This post is for Fences 3 beta feedback only.

http://esupport.stardock.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

January 21, 2016 10:31:04 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Bug: "Translucency behind Fences" only seems to work on the Primary/Main monitor, not on any secondary monitors.  Windows 10 x64 Nov release.

January 22, 2016 1:34:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Any update on releasing the V3 to common fence users??

January 22, 2016 2:26:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

There will most likely be another beta update before release.

January 22, 2016 3:31:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just for StartDock users?

January 22, 2016 6:41:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

You mean ObjectDesktop users, and yes, only ObjectDesktop users get access to betas.

There is no such thing as StartDock.

January 30, 2016 8:26:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

hello support

I read on the forum that in the fence 2.13, the French language was blocked, it is not very commercial in our time, anyway.
I hope that for the version 3 it will be activated.

Thank you and good day

February 1, 2016 11:09:25 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Fences is currently in English only at this time.

February 2, 2016 12:39:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Fences 3 Beta 2 is now available with Rollup fences and Folder Portal Navigation!

Check original post for more info.

February 2, 2016 1:16:09 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Right, that is what i mean to say, thanks.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000625   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+