Stardock

Cursor FX v2.16 on Windows 10

Not fully working

By on July 31, 2015 2:43:29 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Robert_Snyder

Join Date 02/2002
+19

I just upgraded to Windows 10 final and while I can apply a cursor in the new OS, it reverts to windows standard after awhile. As yet I haven't observed an obvious cause or pattern. Just a heads-up for your To  Do list.     I realize there will be "growing pains" as the new OS is adopted.

16 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 31, 2015 3:36:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

have you uninstalled Cursor FX and Reinstalled it yet?, The upgrade process may have jumbled something up, if it was working in the previous OS.  I never had Cursor FX installed before I did the upgrade.  Fresh install after the upgrade was done of Cursor FX.  Runs smoothly here.

July 31, 2015 5:23:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ya i dont have an issue of the cursor reverting here eitheir.

July 31, 2015 6:51:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

GigaByte69, I'll give that a try and see what happens.

August 1, 2015 10:53:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have discovered that the cursor reverts when the computer wakes from sleep. At that point I have to bring up the control panel and reapply it. CTRL-Shift-C does nothing.

August 1, 2015 11:10:22 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Patience is a vertue -It just came out.

August 5, 2015 10:39:09 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Perfectly understood. No grumbling here! 

August 8, 2015 2:36:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

i just put my system into sleep and woke it up.mine comes back on instantly it doesnt revert still.i think its as said that it might have jumbled somehow if you had it installed going to windows 10.uninstall it try the reset this pc method then reinstall cursorfx.it may fix it then as that would reset the registries

just select you want to keep your files so it reticks windows only.

hope that helps robert,good luck

August 20, 2015 4:02:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I figgered it out! It wasn't CFX which was borked - it was the Cursor file itself!     Silly me! Thanks for all the input. By eliminating what it wasn't - I eventually got to what it was. 

August 22, 2015 2:48:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

My problem is when I bring up cortana, any custom cursors seem to disappear behind that menu.

August 22, 2015 2:54:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

you can try to refresh the theme and see if that works and refresh the cursorfx cursor.

key note:not accusing you but i do alot of test runs to know this.you have to purchase cursorfx.if your using a patch just to get it for free the cursor will hide behind things.

on another note:its just a one time purchase and its worth the subscription.

not saying this is your issue,but there are those that think they can use things without paying for it.stardocks products are self designed to be borked if using anything not signed to them

August 23, 2015 12:19:28 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting juggalofrost1,

you can try to refresh the theme and see if that works and refresh the cursorfx cursor.

key note:not accusing you but i do alot of test runs to know this.you have to purchase cursorfx.if your using a patch just to get it for free the cursor will hide behind things.

not saying this is your issue,but there are those that think they can use things without paying for it.stardocks products are self designed to be borked if using anything not signed to them

I just purchased CursorFX because the "free demo" version cursor was being hidden by Cortana and the actual windows 10 menu as well as the taskbar.  Paid version doing the same thing.  So what is your suggestion now?

August 23, 2015 12:24:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting techman5,

Quoting juggalofrost1,

I just purchased CursorFX because the "free demo" version cursor was being hidden by Cortana and the actual windows 10 menu as well as the taskbar.  Paid version doing the same thing.  So what is your suggestion now?

If I remove Cortana from the taskbar the cursor appears on top of the task bar but it is still hidden when the Windows 10 menu is open.

August 23, 2015 1:56:05 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

simple remove cursorfx and reinstall might work as you probably ran it over the free demo and it caused a glitch

and im sorry you took that the wrong way but i sense sarcasm in your response.you couldve said it was legit without getting snooty.

ive experienced alot of piraters in my day.i never accused persay.just said thats one case i found where it does such

ive never recreated that on a legit copy of cursorfx however but usually its due to something went wrong when it got signed in a corrupt registry/sig file if you will

August 23, 2015 2:09:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting juggalofrost1,

simple remove cursorfx and reinstall might work as you probably ran it over the free demo and it caused a glitch

I did as you suggested even though I uninstalled the free version prior to installing the paid version.  Still experiencing the same issue.  Any additional thoughts?

August 23, 2015 4:02:27 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+