Stardock

windows 8.1 vl

codecs

By on February 15, 2015 2:41:20 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

davidjyardley

Join Date 01/2015

i have windows 8.1 with a vl and i cant download windows media center (at least i haven't found a way to yet) to get the codec needed for some dreams to run (ie InsidiOS and Lucid Liquid 2 hd). im not extremely computer savvy but is there a way i can either get windows media center, get the codec without getting windows media center, or get a different codec that will make these dreams work??? i have tried all of the solutions that i can think of, but the microsoft helpline was zero help. after all of the troubleshooting help that they provided for free, without a solution becoming apparent, all they could further offer was a subscription to advanced service for like 200$.

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 15, 2015 8:18:49 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I believe you could only get Media Center with Windows 8.1 Pro, I don't think you can get it with the VL version.

February 15, 2015 8:37:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

So do you know of a way to just get that codec? Or of another Codec or program that I can get to make those dreams work?

February 15, 2015 9:04:26 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Sorry, I don't use dreams Dave, and I have no idea where to get the necessary CODEC.

February 17, 2015 7:35:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Try the solution I posted in this thread.  http://forums.wincustomize.com/461028/page/1/#3520609

February 17, 2015 11:00:54 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

thank you so much!!! that worked!

February 18, 2015 1:48:36 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000156   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+