Stardock

Post Your Gal Civ III Ship Designs!

By on May 7, 2014 1:30:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+766

The ship designer is out now in the the alpha 2.0 patch, so when have a that ship designed feel free to post it here and so others can see what kind of cool things you can build with it. 

Pinned Post 1453 Replies +2 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
flamedragon8
Rand Johnson
November 11, 2014 7:46:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting trumpeter87,

Just curious, how are you guys all submitting your contest entries? Are you submitting a single view or a combination of views? Or are you submitting one view and then a link to a video? I'm just torn about the best way and figured I'd ask what you all are doing... I'm finishing up a few designs and I'm really excited to post them here.

I am sending mine as single views. I think most are as well and I just do not want to mess with Paint Shop Pro to put together a 4 view or 5 view collage of my ships.

November 11, 2014 8:02:38 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I submitted the same views I posted here, except for the salvage ship which I added a video (posted link here also) because of the animation.

November 11, 2014 9:28:16 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Just submitted my latest ship. 

The Krynn Convincer
(a light large allround combat ship)

Convince the ignorants of the truths of the Krynn faith, and if they refuse send them on their way to heaven, hell, or whatever afterlife they believe in.

November 11, 2014 9:34:51 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Thecw cool ship, love how the bands on the body look.

November 11, 2014 9:50:52 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums
Quoting Edladner,

Thecw cool ship, love how the bands on the body look.

Edladner, if you want it you can grab a zip file with the design here.

November 11, 2014 9:58:53 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Edladner,
sulley1 your ship is a perfect addition to the terran fleet

Thank you Edlander, that's exactly what I'm going for.

Quoting DARCA1213,
Sure, but then sully1 showed up with his metaphoric super model girlfriend. LOL (its a effective design that can handle attacks from most angles, nice sully1 +1 )

Thanks Darca, that's exactly what I am going for also. I really want to mod the game to make it as realistic as possible. I want ships with designs that make sense: they are compact, have good firing angles, and therefore have a generally wedge shaped hull. I really can't wait for the combat viewer and the mod tools. Gal Civ has always been one of my favorite games.

November 12, 2014 9:57:09 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

And another one.

The Drengin Collector.
(Large cannon armed survey ship. The intention is if it becomes possible to capture enemy ships to redesign this ship for that purpose)

Gathers valuables of any kind: space debris, ships, slaves. It does not matter, the collector can collect them all. And if fools resist, the collector has sufficient firepower to turn those fools into space debris.

Note: if a module will be created to capture enemy ships, this is the ship to place it on.

November 12, 2014 1:11:49 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Cool ships Thecw!

November 13, 2014 1:13:47 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So I'm finally putting the final touches on my contest entries. Here is the first: the T-14 Trident fighter.

Angle

Bottom

Side

Front

Back

Would love to hear what y'all think.

November 13, 2014 1:29:52 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Finaly I made my entry for the contest, coming with a brand new engine of a yet not encountered aquatic race:   Singularity Drive

YouTube Video: 

You see a scout ship, made with the internal designer tool, equipped with the Singularity Drive. Ship and engine are only concepts and designed for Stardocks Ship Designer contest. Currently I built in conventional engines at the first SD-engine ring but if it makes into the game there should be a unique one. 

SingularityDrive concept: http://www.mediafire.com/view/w8c8r7k84egfwgy/SingularityDrive_Concept.pdf

GalCiv3 designer file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ysudbva66j39x2h/SingularityScoutDesign.rar

(besides: I do have problems with the designer. When designing a ship, save it and see it in my ship rooster to build. But when I re-start GalCiv3 it is gone. Any idea how to solve?)

November 13, 2014 1:36:31 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

trumpeter87 I really like this one, has a nice raptor quality to it

DARCA1213 greedy for victims?  It does look deadly.

Thecw  nice design, please say it is animated

November 13, 2014 1:43:21 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Skukkuk ahh snuck one in while I was typing, I love space ships,  It is just so much fun looking at everyone else's designs.  I vote COOL.

November 13, 2014 2:36:00 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

This is my contest entry ship, the Subspace Shredder:

Video with the animation:

It is an experimental large hulled Terran ship.  The back engine area is animated with large rotor blades.  

Was a lot of fun building the ship, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of what others are making.

November 13, 2014 3:15:54 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Edladner,

Thecw  nice design, please say it is animated

Of course, the nasty claws are coming to get you. Find the design files here.

Edit: by request Drengin Collector Animation Demo

November 13, 2014 6:26:10 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Here's mine: an Altarian dreadnaut called the Archangel:

Archangel

Came out looking a bit like an Eradica titan, but that's not a bad thing

November 14, 2014 1:45:41 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Here is my second contest entry (finally)... the S-7 Dagger: a small hull fighter/bomber.

Angle

Bottom

Side

Front

Back

Comments, critiques, and insults are welcome.

November 14, 2014 2:02:02 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

trumpeter87 insults?????  I like it, looks like a y wing and b wing had a little fling.

November 14, 2014 2:24:08 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Thanks, Ed. I agree, it does have a bit of a Star Wars vibe going on--though that wasn't intentional... it just kind of happened, but I am really pleased that it did because it really captures my overall aesthetic for ship designs (reminds me of some of my favorite custom GCII designs--only this is WAY more sophisticated by the sheer wonder that is the GCIII ship designer (thank you dev team!)).

November 14, 2014 2:47:04 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

And here is entry number three--a medium hull frigate, the M-49 Guardian.

Angle

Bottom

Side

Front

Back

November 14, 2014 7:02:36 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

As requested through pm: Drengin Collector Animation Demo

Also updated previous post with the same link.

November 15, 2014 2:10:02 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Cool one, Thecw, gigantic space crab! 

November 15, 2014 10:16:00 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting trumpeter87,

And here is entry number three--a medium hull frigate, the M-49 Guardian.
Awesome!!

trumpeter I like to have this one.

November 15, 2014 10:50:27 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Nastytang,

trumpeter I like to have this one.

What's the best way to share the files?

November 15, 2014 10:57:01 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

And here is my final entry for the contest... a large capital ship, the L-35 Battle Axe:

Angle

Side

Bottom

Front

Back

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+