Stardock

Leader Pack DLC Now Available for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes!

By on April 24, 2014 1:37:55 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums External Link

abiessener

Join Date 01/2006
+46

Expand your game with the latest downloadable content pack for Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes. The Leader Pack DLC expands the options players have for the most legendary hero of them all: you.

The Leader Pack adds an all-new sovereign to each of the game’s 10 factions, each of which provide fresh gameplay experiences with new abilities and items. Prove might makes right with the hardy but magically impaired General Tarth, bring death magic to the kingdoms of men with Sanjo of Gilden, or absolve Lord Relias’ mistakes by leading Altar to glory as Shirayn.

Players can also customize their own sovereigns with additional traits and equipment. Treasure Hunters have supernaturally good luck at finding loot, leaders with Lifeblood heal their own wounds with every spell cast, and anyone wielding powerful Ruvennan Bracers is destined for glory on the battlefield with their dramatically boosted combat capabilities.

Key Features

• A new sovereign for each faction – Embrace the Quendar’s fiery heritage as Asha Furnaceborn, rewrite history as Shirayn, and more

• First-ever monstrous sovereign – The half-spider Renge the Aphotic takes the Wraiths’ spider worship to a whole new level

• New items and abilities for kings and queens – Find better loot as a Treasure Hunter or take control of the battlefield with Ruvennan Bracers

• New options for custom sovereigns – all of the new abilities and items are available for players to mix and match in creating their own perfect leader

The Leader Pack DLC is available for $4.99 directly through Stardock, from Steam, or from other digital retailers.

Pinned, Locked Post 83 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 25, 2014 12:31:47 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I really wish that when releasing all these new Sovereigns that there would have been more options added to the paper dolls for each faction.  Would have walked away happy.

April 26, 2014 9:16:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Never has a franchise alienated a customer base so intensely.

April 26, 2014 10:12:13 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Mostly play custom leaders so new leaders aren’t of much interest. So only new leader traits might be useful, but probably not even worth £4. Might still get it, but really not worth it Worst DLC so far IMHO.

April 26, 2014 11:30:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Zharg,

Mostly play custom leaders so new leaders aren’t of much interest. So only new leader traits might be useful, but probably not even worth £4. Might still get it, but really not worth it Worst DLC so far IMHO.

This.

To this end, this DLC would become more appealing if all of the sovereigns added something to the custom sovereign builder.

Nevertheless, some do...so there is some new variation.

I am going to hold off on purchase though until I am confident through these forums that the AI can play all the new leaders properly. (here's looking at you Undead )

April 26, 2014 11:36:35 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm a bit bummed out and disappointed myself at the new DLC offerings. And I don't even play custom sovereigns yet.

I want to keep buying more stuff and supporting Stardock with this game but I cannot justify the Leader Pack as a full price purchase. Maybe if it was sold at $1.99 I'd just get it for completions sake.

*sigh* What are you doing Stardock? 

April 27, 2014 9:26:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yep, holding off this as well, since I don't know if the AIs can play these sovereigns properly. Chances are since they're based on the original 10 factions, they should be fine, since the changes aren't as drastic as those introduced by the Dead World DLC.

That said, it'd be a really good idea to fix the Dead AI and allow it to play the race as designed...

April 27, 2014 1:09:21 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They're all bugged anyway.

no more DLC for me for this game. I'm done buying half-assed additions. 

April 28, 2014 6:55:15 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Why do you say they are bugged?

April 28, 2014 9:52:48 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

First DLC I am not buying. Stardock, don't test your fans. 

April 28, 2014 10:24:14 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Barry, for starters, the fire woman's flames disappear when you equip her with ANYTHING. Second, when you meet them in a game, they don't represent their respective faction, but rather a made up one as a custom sovereign would. Not to mention that they're all, save the three with unique leader traits, boring and no different than what could be created with the sovereign creator.

WTF?

April 28, 2014 10:51:43 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

at this point I would not even be tempted to buy this when on discount.

April 28, 2014 12:04:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

In all honesty there are better player made mods out there and this DLC does add little to the game in terms of traits and objects for those who enjoy custom leaders.

I've got some enjoyment out of it but it is awfully simple and little for £4. On the whole I'm still happy to have bought it because I fealt getting Fallen Enchantress and FE:LH free because of the Elemental debacle was rather generous so I want to show my support. I would suggest though they make theis the last DLC for FE and focus all efforts on GalCiv3.

I don't think the small resource allocated to making DLC for FE:LH is going to be able to produce good value for money DLC and long term it will only alienate customers.

April 28, 2014 1:08:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting econundrum1,
I don't think the small resource allocated to making DLC for FE:LH is going to be able to produce good value for money DLC and long term it will only alienate customers.

It has certainly gone a long way toward alienating me. I have no issue with buying DLC and was willing to do so on day one for this. This is kind of insulting though. And it seems like all the commentary and exchanges that were had on the forums about the game between the devs and players went to waste.

If GalCiv 3 is the focus, then fine. Just don't pretend you can produce something worthwhile with the small resources you have. I'd respect you more for just saying you can't do any more with LH for a while.

April 28, 2014 2:48:50 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Slashimus,
And it seems like all the commentary and exchanges that were had on the forums about the game between the devs and players went to waste.

I agree it does seem as though most of our opinions and advice have fallen on deaf ears, even though we were asked for them.  Personally, I frequent these forums and the game much less as a result.

April 28, 2014 3:05:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting cardinaldirection,

Quoting Slashimus, reply 38And it seems like all the commentary and exchanges that were had on the forums about the game between the devs and players went to waste.

I agree it does seem as though most of our opinions and advice have fallen on deaf ears, even though we were asked for them.  Personally, I frequent these forums and the game much less as a result.

Agreed, I won't be buying this unless I see some good faith from Stardock that they are actually still interested in fixing or doing anything with LH it just seems like they are ignoring it these days.   There's no patch for months despite obvious game breaking bugs introduced by the last patch (beastmaster bug).   Then they release a bugged patch the day before releasing an underwhelming dlc.   So is it now bye cya in a few more months?   If that's the way they feel about it then why should I care more than they do?

April 28, 2014 5:21:02 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Agreed. I'm over it. 

GalCiv will be the last thing I purchase from them blindly until I see a change here. Hate to say it, but it kinda feels like SD is falling back to the EWOM days. 

Ouch.

April 28, 2014 6:43:17 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am quite hopeful that much of our opinions and advice will be found in LH2/Elemental3 or w/e, but I must admit that this relationship (with FE/LH), is beginning to feel like a constant string of teases.  In the age of the internet where the "truth" can be found on another website if it's not available on yours, marketing means much less than clear, concise communication.  That the game has so much unrealized potential just enflames the situation.  I understand that SD is more of an indie studio, but all this means is that they need to be even more clear and concise.

April 29, 2014 8:36:55 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

We can see from the journal post on the economics of FE: HL that allocating more than one resource doesn’t make financial sense and what can be produced by a single FTE in a short period of time without altering the game code is going to be rather limited.

As I say I feel I’ve now paid back Stardocks over generosity in making up for Elemental and won’t be buying any more DLC unless it really seems to have significantly more content I noticed the new leader back stories don’t have voice over either.

I may play with modding FE a bit myself (something I’ve not yet got around too) see if I can produce some more interesting content. But in any case I’m more interested in GC3 now having loved GC2 so much.

I’d be interested in seeing a response from Startdock on the reception this DLC has gotten.

April 29, 2014 9:21:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting econundrum1,
I’d be interested in seeing a response from Startdock on the reception this DLC has gotten.

Well, I'm not SD....so whos to say...but I'd wager with my cold, shallow, reasoning that their response would be one of silence. Customers will response with their pocketbooks and if enough money comes in, SD will respond by releasing another DLC of similar quality. This cycle will continue until customers stop paying. Once that happens, LH will be dropped like FE was.

April 29, 2014 10:06:12 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting cardinaldirection,
I am quite hopeful that much of our opinions and advice will be found in LH2/Elemental3 or w/e, but I must admit that this relationship (with FE/LH), is beginning to feel like a constant string of teases. 

Unfortuntely, this is how it's worked in the tech industry for a while. Small incremental improvements are released over time to justify selling new "improved" products - to milk it for as long as possible - and marketing is used to convince consumers that they need the latest incremental release.

The biggest known abuser of this strategy is Kalipso Media, the makers of Tropico 4. The initial release of the game included all of the DLC's and feature updates that they planned to release. Then over time, they would announce a "new" DLC, and when a customer paid for it, the DLC content was unlocked. It was discovered by a modder who stumbled accross it when looking through the code, but they continued to deny it.

April 29, 2014 8:11:14 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

No doubt this is how many companies carry on with dirty, deceptive marketing strategies.  It's for this reason I buy very few games these days, and even less DLC (seeing as DLC is the biggest offender across the board).  But if I've been treated respectfully as a loyal fan and customer, I will be as loyal as they come and pretty much buy everything you release.

I really thought Stardock was better than this.  It's frustrating because I've always defended them so many times when others badmouth them and their games (perhaps aside from GalCiv2) for not being good enough.  Even with their previous DLC's being much weaker than I'd like to see, I still stood by Stardock as a company.

But after this, I don't know how I can defend them anymore.  This is such a horrid example of "let's put as little effort as possible into our DLC and hopefully most of the sheeple/consumers buy it before noticing".  If they continue to ignore this problem with silence, or even worse, try defending their negligence, rather than apologize by "upgrading" this DLC with much more content or at the very least, offer a refund and make it free -- I'm done.

I just can't support companies who think so little of their supporters.

April 30, 2014 8:15:28 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

At this point I would appreciate an official Stardock response... might be usefull.

April 30, 2014 11:06:16 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting jshores,

Never has a franchise alienated a customer base so intensely.

Seriously?  

People may be unhappy with this particular DLC offering, but let's get some perspective, shall we.  This statement is ludicrous.  

April 30, 2014 11:22:43 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Kantok,

Seriously?  

People may be unhappy with this particular DLC offering, but let's get some perspective, shall we.  This statement is ludicrous.  

It's not just this one DLC, the overall enthusiasm has shifted to a noticeable downward trend since the Dead DLC.

For the first two DLC's, the general attitude was "this isn't everything I was hoping for, but I want to supprt SD"

Then after the loot pack DLC, fewer people expressed that sentiment, and started seriously questioning the value they were receiving, and a few decided to take a wait and see approach to purchasing other DLC's.

At the release of the Dead DLC, despite some early reported bugs, there were still strong defenders of the DLC business model. After more issues were discovered, (such as the AI's inability to play the Dead), the numbers of people supporting DLC's decreased further.

After this last DLC, many of those who still held onto hope have lost faith, and are holding onto their wallets.

April 30, 2014 11:49:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Borg999,

Quoting Kantok, reply 48
Seriously?  

It's not just this one DLC, the overall enthusiasm has shifted to a noticeable downward trend since the Dead DLC.

For the first two DLC's, the general attitude was "this isn't everything I was hoping for, but I want to supprt SD"

Then after the magic item DLC, fewer people expressed that sentiment, and started seriously questioning the value they were receiving, and a few decided to take a wait and see approach to purchasing other DLC's.

At the release of the Dead DLC, despite some early reported bugs, there were still strong defenders of the DLC business model. After more issues were discovered, (such as the AI's inability to play the Dead), the numbers of people supporting DLC's decreased further.

After this last DLC, many of those who still held onto hope have lost faith, and are holding onto their wallets.

The message would be DLC is great and all but we hope for a little more effort and polish put into it.   Bring something new to the table.   It seems like this DLC was slapped together in an hour.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+