Stardock

Black background, wallpapers does not show up

Since Fences 2.12

By on February 22, 2014 4:58:21 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

codelett

Join Date 11/2012

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Fences 2.12 on Windows 8.1. Previous versions were working flawlessly, but with the new version I got a problem: My desktop wallpaper does not show up when using fences. I only get a black background.

To make my wallpaper appear, I have to open the configuration window and click through the different options (without actually doing any changes!!). After this the wallpaper reappears bit by bit when moving the mouse over app icons in fences. Doing a desktop refresh (F5) gets the whole wallpaper back.

Without opening the configuration window the desktop background stays black forever.

Anyone having the same issues? Any maybe a working solution?

Locked Post 4 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 22, 2014 6:08:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

good weekend, did you already try moving the wallpaper to a different location like My Documents\Pictures   [ c:\users\xyz\pictures] ?

February 22, 2014 7:26:35 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Take a look at your task manager. Sounds like you've got processes going on which are soaking up RAM/Processor...which may or may not be listed in the task manager (if they're say, malware).

Take a screenie if you can...

February 22, 2014 8:09:42 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Weird.... it really helped to load wallpapers from a different location. I set the background image via control panel now. Before I had done this out of my XnView image viewer.

Tanks for your help. Problem solved. 

February 22, 2014 8:49:14 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Your welcome - keep in mind windows8 does not save the wallpaper in a seperate system folder unlike 7,if you set it as background and move the destination folder - windows8 will not know where it went.
When you set a wall as background in W7, Windows makes a copy and stores it in a system folder under your profile. 

I think the location is C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Mi...  something
Windows8 isnt smart enough to do that but is smart enough to downsample your wall
Anyway im glad it worked have a nice weekend 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000078   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+