Stardock

Stardock Future Gaming (from 2013 perspective) [UPDATE 4]

By on September 26, 2013 7:32:28 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1491

In the good old days of gaming, the game studios weren’t public and so they could give little sneak peeks and teasers of things they’re working on. 

Unfortunately, the number of indie studios is dwindled and so there’s very little spontaneity in what companies share (which the Xbox One unveil showed us can be quite a bummer).

Below is just some artwork from a few of the things that are in development.

Vayne_Export

NEW 7/11/2013

ADDED 8/9/2013

ADDED 9/7/2013

September 19 Update!

Locked Post 136 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 11, 2013 1:37:11 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

How come nobody is pointing out that Gal Civ 3 will now use hex tiles instead of square tiles (see that new pic)?  That's a big deal since Brad says he never liked hex tiles.

July 11, 2013 1:54:45 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,

How come nobody is pointing out that Gal Civ 3 will now use hex tiles instead of square tiles (see that new pic)?  That's a big deal since Brad says he never liked hex tiles.

I'd imagine it's a lot more laborious coding AI to work with Hexes than Squares for Pathing, Combat, etc..

July 11, 2013 2:02:58 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm not sure if that is hex tiles or a part of a shield graphic that is using hexes. I for one do enjoy the square tiles, there is no need for hex tiles. I would much prefer to see Octagonal and square tiles in a game, because I'm so tired of seeing a mono-tessellation of the plane, give me some semi-regular tessellations.

On the course of these new pictures, I'm pleased to see such good quality coming out. I truly would like to see the results of this feat of work to come out. How many of these new games are going to be using the Kumquat engine?

July 11, 2013 2:17:06 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

God damn those small pictures. Also announce it already! 

July 11, 2013 3:22:12 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

JUST ANNOUNCE SOMETHING PLEASE  

Seriously. Why not?

July 11, 2013 3:35:28 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Heh. Well, Demigod is owned now by Wargamer.net. So it's future is in its hands.

Quoting XWerewolfX,
JUST ANNOUNCE SOMETHING PLEASE

Seriously. Why not?

As a followup to their 2009 hit, Stardock and Wargamer.net proudly announce Demigod 2 - Rise of the Space Ships.  Experience the moba genre anew with a fresh take on 5v5 combat - now featuring space ships.  Blast off this this winter into combat and join your friends in the pantheon of legendary heroes.  Coming soon - winter 2013. 

You are welcome.

July 11, 2013 6:36:51 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,

Could be part of a dome as in space station...

July 11, 2013 6:46:20 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting pacov,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 75Heh. Well, Demigod is owned now by Wargamer.net. So it's future is in its hands.

Quoting XWerewolfX, reply 80JUST ANNOUNCE SOMETHING PLEASE

Seriously. Why not?

As a followup to their 2009 hit, Stardock and Wargamer.net proudly announce Demigod 2 - Rise of the Space Ships.  Experience the moba genre anew with a fresh take on 5v5 combat - now featuring space ships.  Blast off this this winter into combat and join your friends in the pantheon of legendary heroes.  Coming soon - winter 2013. 

You are welcome.

Especially considering you can see a small metal part and cutoff of the circle in the 2 corners.

July 18, 2013 11:58:32 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Can't wait for GalCiv3 beta!

July 25, 2013 4:54:03 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Fall From Heaven please??

July 25, 2013 4:37:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Mhm looks like some FFH concept art. I wondered why you'd rather continue on the Elemental franchise rather than FFH. Now I know why.

FE was cute I agree but FFH is the real thing.

July 25, 2013 11:03:58 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

They are contracting with Roberts Space Industries.  

backs out of the contract slowly...  

July 26, 2013 2:33:40 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Looks pretty clearly like FFH3 to me.  GalCiv 3 looks pretty standard.

Looking forward to both of those.

July 26, 2013 11:00:45 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

A big thank you in advance from the Fall From Heaven/Civilization IV community for continuing the franchise Brad.

It's still early to discuss but I have to ask.  May we get a more Renaissance Leonardo Da Vinchian style for the Belsaraphs in addition to their mad circus imperialist design?  Just barely enough so it can pass as a real functioning society over the whole Alice in Wonderland feel.

July 27, 2013 12:26:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

EDIT: I just realized there are four pages here, meaning I'm not adding any thing new. :facepalm:

No question that the fourth-to-last hex-based image is a space based strategy game - the top right hand corner of the image looks like a planet, the background looks dark like space, the background has stars, and the lower left corner ends some area of effect from the planet. The only question is: GC3?!

GC2 has been my favorite game for years; a sequel that doesn't dummy down would be welcome.

Also, the ship with the blue outline looks as Sins as it gets. Does this mean Stardock/Ironclad are already working on Sins 2 so soon after SoaSE:FW?

Also also, the title says "Update 1". Looking forward to the future!

July 27, 2013 12:48:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

[how do you delete a post? Sorry]

July 27, 2013 12:48:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

[how do you delete a post? Sorry]

July 27, 2013 12:50:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting BernieTime,

Quoting Trojasmic, reply 76

I'd imagine it's a lot more laborious coding AI to work with Hexes than Squares for Pathing, Combat, etc..

I'm guessing that's the reason. But from a gameplay standpoint, hex does make more sense than squares (all neighboring tiles are the same distance from the starting tile).

July 28, 2013 6:01:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
Wargamer.net. S

(Demigod gone to wargaming......)

MUAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAa (crying)

That is/was the only MOBA game that has a soul....I'm gonn cry again....

July 30, 2013 6:38:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

New #1 looks like it could have come out of the SINS engine, so my guess for one of the games is another SINS expansion or SINS2.  

July 30, 2013 7:32:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting squal9162,

New #1 looks like it could have come out of the SINS engine, so my guess for one of the games is another SINS expansion or SINS2.  

Come to think of it, FW was a tiny expansion pack compared to GalCiv's DA and TA. I'm kind of expecting the next Sins release to be much larger.

August 1, 2013 3:08:32 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

At the time of the 88th migration, the progenitor was released from his prison by... (notice how he mocks regular strength towers by using the poison dagger favor item on one)

Demon Assassin! (He assassinates demons, and is not actually a demon who assassinates things. Common misconception)

*pout* I guess we'll need to wait another 15 years before the Demigod IP goes the way of Torment, Master of Orion, Star Control and Total Annihilation.

August 4, 2013 3:42:31 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Trojasmic,

Huh. So what's the difference, exactly? I'm would be very interested to hear how the developers think gameplay changes between hexes and squares.

August 10, 2013 11:42:49 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Thanks for the new pics, Brad!

The new hex-image is a different crop of the old one. Could someone shop the two together to get a slightly larger image?

I'm seeing influence borders in GC3 (note the curve at the bottom). Anyone else?

August 10, 2013 11:46:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

That last pic is totally a tease. It is a tessellation of the plane and a typical game board. The real question is how the mechanics work, will it be a true hex system or a square system with hexes for the visual cue instead.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000375   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+