Stardock

No query, just a thank you!

By on April 10, 2013 9:47:05 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

DeanKellham

Join Date 10/2008

Can't thank you guys enough. This is what I've been after for so long, and I think it'll help the development of metro apps and the WinRT platform by letting desktop users do away with the pathetic window management (that is in fact far inferior to that offered in Windows 1) when using, what can be, perfectly decent and attractive applications.

Thank you Stardock- you never disappoint!

Locked Post 9 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 10, 2013 9:58:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

April 10, 2013 10:31:02 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

yay a thankyou thread....

yes thankyou stardock for making this great app.

a hug for u. and some other stuff .........

May 2, 2013 2:00:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

+1 for a great addon. Has helped myself and my "more mature" clients to use Windows8 without grim full-screen apps taking over the world. Why MS didn't give these basic options is still a mystery.  I wonder if they'll add them in the next update?  Or is that admittance of a mistake to much for MS to acknowledge.  Bizzare.

May 15, 2013 3:45:40 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Microsoft are happily living in ignorance. They managed to convince themselves that people only ever use maximised windows so they only need full-screen apps. They also convinced themselves that because Windows 8 currently offers more multi-tasking potential than iOS that's all they need to worry about. It's as if they forgot they're developing a desktop OS. Even with Blue you'll only get 1-4 modern apps at once (in a vertical split). Gone are the days of "windows" officially. It's not even about being reluctant to change- it's simply the fact that the current attempt at window management with modern apps is pathetic and inflexible. Who honestly gets work done like that?!

May 16, 2013 8:25:48 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

May 18, 2013 3:26:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting DeanKellham,

Microsoft are happily living in ignorance. They managed to convince themselves that people only ever use maximised windows so they only need full-screen apps. They also convinced themselves that because Windows 8 currently offers more multi-tasking potential than iOS that's all they need to worry about. It's as if they forgot they're developing a desktop OS. Even with Blue you'll only get 1-4 modern apps at once (in a vertical split). Gone are the days of "windows" officially. It's not even about being reluctant to change- it's simply the fact that the current attempt at window management with modern apps is pathetic and inflexible. Who honestly gets work done like that?!

True, Dean.

I have noticed a word increasingly being used to describe people who don't like certain features (or lack of) in Windows 8.

The word is "Luddite".

I would like to meet some of these people branding people as Luddites simply because they don't agree with negative criticism of Windows 8.

I suspect they never do any real work on their computers and are not concerned about productivity and multitasking.

May 31, 2013 11:01:19 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The single best app ever made for windows 8 to date.

Three thumbs up !

July 4, 2013 6:58:06 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

One of the best Windows 8 tools i have seen so far!

July 31, 2013 2:11:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Totally agree. ModernMix + Start8 together make Windows 8 into a grown-up desktop OS. MS should have bought these two products and put them into Windows 8. Still for a very modest cost we can do what they should have done...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000266   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+