Stardock

Tech support for Stardock Software

By on December 17, 2012 12:27:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

El Squiddo

Join Date 02/2003

I am trying to get help Sins of a Solar empire and receiving no response.  I made a post a few weeks ago and was told I'd receive an answer by email - no response.  I sent an email to support two weeks ago, no answer.  Another email last week - again no answer.  On a separate issue, this one with regards to software registration of OD, I sent an email last week - and 5 days later nothing.

What do I need to do to get an answer from the support organization at Stardock?  I've been an OD subscriber since the OS/2 days, and the support has never been this bad.  This is just sad.  My subscription expires at the end of the month (12.2012) and at this rate, there really is no reason for me to renew.  I know that Sins isn't part of OD, but the complete lack of a response seems to span both the OD software and the games here.

So, seriously -how long is the backlog?  Should I expect an answer or is sending an email / opening a ticket just flushing my concerns down the drain?

3 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 17, 2012 12:48:45 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Should I expect an answer or is sending an email / opening a ticket just flushing my concerns down the drain?

Yes, you should expect an answer...however repeated emails resets your place in the queue as support can only respond to your NEWEST email under the expectation that circumstances/problems may have changed since the older ones.

In other words, post one email to support only.  You should receive an automated response that indicates it is delivered.

If you haven't it's possibly lost in your spam catching...

December 17, 2012 5:59:18 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

They should fix that Jafo - sounds lame - new emails should just be appended until a support request is addressed/viewed/open at least once.

Even having the 'queue position' reset after a request being initially addressed/viewed and then the customer replying is a little bit off - if support gives a 'solution' or 'next step' the customer sending another email is going to be 'solution didn't work' or 'I've done the next step' or 'it worked'. Any of those is reasonable to leave the support request where it is in any queue.

If a support person estimates 'more time', then manually assign a 'review date' let the customer know of that date, and then if they send emails before then, just keep them wherever they are in this 'hold queue'.

December 17, 2012 7:52:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

So, seriously -how long is the backlog?  Should I expect an answer or is sending an email / opening a ticket just flushing my concerns down the drain?
I've resolved your ODNT issue.  I show no record of a Sins issue (with this email).  Please post your ticket ID and I'll see what's going on.

Sorry for the delay.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+