Stardock

Question about DeskSpaces on Win 7 64 bit

By on October 12, 2012 11:06:32 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

littlenoe

Join Date 07/2007

Hello,

I first installed Stardok DeskSpaces on my PC about a year ago. Around 3 months after, my PC getting very slow on booting and at some point I experienced blue screen. When I took my PC to the repair shop, the technician mentioned that my PC doesn't support Windows Dreamscene because it runs on Windows 7 Premium 64 bit, while as far I understood DeskSpaces requires Windows Dreamscene (CMIIW). He said it is only possible in 32 bit ones. So after that I had to re-install my Windows and forget the DeskSpaces. Now I kind of miss it, I like to see animated wallpaper in my PC again, but I'm concern about the compatibility between my OS and DeskSpaces. Any advise or opinion? Thanks a lot in advance

Locked Post 5 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 12, 2012 11:13:13 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Yeah...get a new PC Tech. The one you have doesn't know what he's talking about.

System Requirements

• Windows 7/Vista (32 & 64-bit) and 32-bit Windows XP

Edit:  BTW, I've been running it on 64 bit versions of windows since it was released without any issues.

October 12, 2012 11:19:48 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I've been using DeskScapes on Windows 7 Ultimate/64bit with no problems at all since Win7 was released.

Windows DreamScenes are not the same thing, but they also ran fine on both Vista Ultimate 64 bit and 32 bit. Neither one will have any effect on boot speeds.

You should have no trouble running DeskScapes.

October 12, 2012 11:53:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Thanks for the reply guys.

I've read about the system requirements, but since I am not a tech geek, it's a bit intimidating when someone told me I made a mistake installing stuff I should not in my PC. Back then he even gave me option to change the OS to 32 bit.. which means I have to purchase new license from his shop.. clever.

Ok, so now I can have my DeskScapes again. Thank you again! really appreciate it.

October 13, 2012 10:50:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hello "Littlenoe",

Here you have the official requirement of Deskscapes software:

Windows 7/Vista (32 & 64-bit) and 32-bit Windows XP.

What you have is an Windows file error that causes the "blue screen". To solve that problems you have to run a software to solve all Windows files error ,for example,  one software to repair all the files issue is "Dll Suite". But you have to know how to use it. So i recomend to you to reinstall all the operative system.

Also i recomend to all my client not to set up the quality to maxium.

With the best.

October 13, 2012 11:00:54 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting fcarlsson,
So i recomend to you to reinstall all the operative system.

Kindly ignore the spammer.

Never follow advice from someone in day one of their association with the site/forum.

For specific assistance with Stardock software keep a close eye on the UserID number....if it's somewhere beyond 4.5 million you can safely expect the advice will be naive at best...wrong at worst.

This time it was wrong.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000312   Page Render Time:
Facebook Twitter YouTube Google+